Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox for the iphone 4 is available!

mmm... never used an otterbox before but looking in that direction - does the commuter case have this built in screen protector? im not crazy about this feature

btw here is a good look at the defender case - looks crazy ugly to me
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/07/23/otter...case-iphone-4/
    Last edited by silent1643; 2010-07-28 at 03:36 PM.

Here is some things about its durability at least with the 3G/3GS version

- Someone left it on the tire of the truck by accident and when backing out ran over the iPhone. It was on dirt but the iPhone survived caked with dirt.

- Drops in any direction even face down does not crack the screen. I have seen the phone dropped so many times even on pavement and it came out fine. The height has been at least 4ft high for majority of the drops.

I like its protection but I will never go with a Defender. The bulk is just insane. I like the Commuter case for the 3G/3GS but the iPhone 4 Commuter case is just ugly to me (but has been growing on me). I will eventually go to it whenever it is released since I do not know of any other case I like.

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    I actually didn't have to redo mine as about every month or two I would take it out just to feel the iphone

I really guess its what job or work area you are in and mine is subject to get scratched!

Do you have any proximity sensor problems?

Thanks

I agree and I can't figure out why they don't unless they just wanted to get some out quick and I belive the colored will follow!
    I live in the hot and humid south. Maybe that's why the baby powder trick didn't work on my 3G and 3GS? I don't have proximity sensor issues with or without the case.

@forgotyourname The Commuter series doesn't have a screen cover. I like it too but need to have the holster as I can't stand having heavy objects in my pockets.

@forgotyournametoo See I love the way the Defender series looks! Especially the iP4 version! I think the added bulk makes it easier to hold while making calls and especially while gaming. And the protection is second to none! I don't worry about dropping this thing at ALL. Plus, Otterbox will replace any broken case parts for free!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You got yours 2 days after the release was announced??

Quote Originally Posted by EduGeek View Post
    You got yours 2 days after the release was announced??
    Yeah I guess. They sent me an email notification as soon as ordering began and I ordered it as soon as I received the email.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    I live in the hot and humid south. Maybe that's why the baby powder trick didn't work on my 3G and 3GS? I don't have proximity sensor issues with or without the case.

@forgotyourname The Commuter series doesn't have a screen cover. I like it too but need to have the holster as I can't stand having heavy objects in my pockets.

@forgotyournametoo See I love the way the Defender series looks! Especially the iP4 version! I think the added bulk makes it easier to hold while making calls and especially while gaming. And the protection is second to none! I don't worry about dropping this thing at ALL. Plus, Otterbox will replace any broken case parts for free!
    I live in the state right next to you and as long as I don't use the cheaper Otterbox I don't have proximity sensor issues either!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lucky you then, I'm still waiting for mine and I ordered that same day as well. I received a message from them stating it would ship on the 2nd or soon after...today's the 4th, hope it ships today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I still like this one better ElementCASE

Quote Originally Posted by macsoldier View Post
    I still like this one better ElementCASE

That looks like just a fancy bumper. It wouldn't give me enough protection for my phone. Doesn't look bad but not good enough for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by EduGeek View Post
    Lucky you then, I'm still waiting for mine and I ordered that same day as well. I received a message from them stating it would ship on the 2nd or soon after...today's the 4th, hope it ships today.
    I must have been one of the first to order. I mean I had it ordered within 5 minutes of receiving the email. It did arrive pretty quickly though. I've been having good experiences receiving gear through the USPS lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    Hey guys there is a 10% plus free ground shipping coupon code good till July 31st.

Techbargains6100p
    tb810z works and it does the same thing.

Best buy now has them and has three colors . I got a blue one today with the wifes discount ..

im not supposed to say how much discount they get lol
    Last edited by woolfman72; 2010-08-15 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woolfman72 View Post
    Best buy now has them and has three colors . I got a blue one today with the wifes discount .. 23 bucks!
    Let's see a picture of that please. Either it wasn't an Otterbox case or you don't have an iPhone 4... To my knowledge, they're not making iPhone 4 cases in anything other than black yet.
    If you can prove this, I might just take the 16 mile drive to BestBuy very very soon!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Let's see a picture of that please. Either it wasn't an Otterbox case or you don't have an iPhone 4... To my knowledge, they're not making iPhone 4 cases in anything other than black yet.
    If you can prove this, I might just take the 16 mile drive to

BestBuy very very

soon!

I just did a search on Best Buy online and no Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 period

Also no store gives their employees a over 50% discount so it is not a Otterbox.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sekazi For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-15)

First off.. I have no reason to lie .. its just a darn phone case and i was passing some info along.
    Also if you have never knew someone that worked for best buy or worked there yourself . Just a bit of FYI . they get items at cost +5%.

But just for you naysayers that always have to think someone is lying .. here are my STFU pictures .

hmm does that meet your approval??
    Last edited by woolfman72; 2010-08-15 at 01:25 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to woolfman72 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2010-08-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess he showed you LOL
    Are you having fun yet

20. The Following User Says Thank You to renegaderon For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (2010-08-30)

Thanks

First off.. I have no reason to lie .. its just a darn phone case and i was passing some info along.
    Also if you have never knew someone that worked for best buy or worked there yourself . Just a bit of FYI . they get items at cost +5%.

But just for you naysayers that always have to think someone is lying .. here are my STFU pictures .

hmm does that meet your approval??
    Well I am not calling you a liar!

But I searched Best Buy online and they have no listing for any Iphone 4 Otterbox Defender period of any color! So don't bash us for wanting to know about this!

Second issue with this is that after this post I went to the Otterbox web site and the only thing you can purchase is a black one!

Third issue is that I have seen supposely Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4 for sale on eBay in yes Blue! + Black

I have also seen for sale an OtterBox Defender knock off for sale!

My question to you is how can you buy an Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 in blue at Best Buy and they don't even have them listed period in any color

And how can you buy an Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4 in Blue when you can't even buy a blue one from the manafacture OtterBox.com

Like I said I am NOT calling you a liar we, our in part, I would just like to know how!

Back at ya

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderon View Post
    I guess he showed you LOL
    Not really!

I will ask you the same thing I just asked him is how can you buy one from Best Buy which doesn' even list them for any iphone 4 and how can he buy a blue one on top of that that you can't even buy form OtterBox them selves??
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-15 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Well I am not calling you a liar!

But I searched Best Buy online and they have no listing for any Iphone 4 Otterbox Defender period of any color! So don't bash us for wanting to know about this!

Second issue with this is that after this post I went to the Otterbox web site and the only thing you can purchase is a black one!

Third issue is that I have seen supposely Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4 for sale on eBay in yes Blue! + Black

I have also seen for sale an OtterBox Defender knock off for sale!

My question to you is how can you buy an Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 in blue at Best Buy and they don't even have them listed period in any color

And how can you buy an Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4 in Blue when you can't even buy a blue one from the manafacture OtterBox.com

Like I said I am NOT calling you a liar we, our in part, I would just like to know how!

Back at ya

Not really!

I will ask you the same thing I just asked him is how can you buy one from Best Buy which doesn' even list them for any iphone 4 and how can he buy a blue one on top of that that you can't even buy form OtterBox them selves??

Um call your local best buy store and ask them . I dont know what to tell you .. The wife called me said they had them and i said pick me up one . So i guess the question of how can i .. is she pulled out the money and just bought it , nothing we got special they had them on the shelf. But i do agree with you they are not listed on the Bestbuy website. That reasoning i cant speak of .
    Just as a side note .. they have them in red also .. not just blue . Red , blue, and black . Call otterbox and they will tell you Best buy is good for buying their products. its not a knock off . Did you not see the box?

And as i stated before i was just trying to pass along a bit of info . Take me for my word or don't go to best buy , or just pick up the phone and call them. easy enough to verify.
    Last edited by woolfman72; 2010-08-15 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks

Um call your local best buy store and ask them . I dont know what to tell you .. The wife called me said they had them and i said pick me up one . So i guess the question of how can i .. is she pulled out the money and just bought it , nothing we got special they had them on the shelf. But i do agree with you they are not listed on the Bestbuy website. That reasoning i cant speak of .
    Just as a side note .. they have them in red also .. not just blue . Red , blue, and black . Call otterbox and they will tell you Best buy is good for buying their products. its not a knock off . Did you not see the box?

And as i stated before i was just trying to pass along a bit of info . Take me for my word or don't go to best buy , or just pick up the phone and call them. easy enough to verify.

PM me the store number as I want a red one!

I have confirmed that Best Buy does have the OtterBox Defender for iPhone 4 and in colors of Black, Red, and Blue!

They are not listed online nor can you buy one from OtterBox.com, but Best Buy stores DOES have them instock!

Better get them while you can!

wolfman72 I thank you and if I have offend you I
    apologize!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-18 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast