Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone please recommend me a front screen protector

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Someone please recommend me a front screen protector
    So here is my story, I got my i4 the saturday after they came out and got a case and no front protection that same day. About a week later my local Best Buy finally got some front screen protectors in (Zagg). I went and got the front protector and tried putting it on myself. Well this didn't come out right. Went back to BB a few days later and got an exchange and had them do it (for free), they told me to wait a few days before putting the case back on, which I did. 3 days later the phone's beautiful screen still looked like an orange peel. So I went back to BB and got my money back.

Today I went into an AT&T store and got their CASEMATE Anti-glare/finger print screen protector that has 2 in the box. The first try did work well because it had dust particles on it as soon as I peeled it from the backing. So I took that one off and tried the second one. The second one had stuff on it as soon as I peeled it off but not as bad. Once I was satisfied that it was on, I turned my phone on and proceeded to answer a text and the screen looked like it had smudges all over it.

Needless to say I took it off, put everything back in the box and I will take it back to the AT&T store when I get off of work and either exchange it and have them do it or just get my money back and be careful with the front screen.

Can anyone recommend me a front screen protector that I can do myself that is clear once it is on? I bought cheap ones for my old 3G when I got it two years ago and didn't have this problem.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

So from looking at other posts I found the XO skin. I ordered just the screen protector. Once it comes in and I put it on I will update this post.
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 2010-07-13 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i learned from the 3G that most screen protectors will suck when you first put them on, but after some time and use, they will look and perform better.

im using the zagg right now and im about 80% satisfied with it. especially with the lifetime warranty.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had really good luck with the casemate screen protectors. Sounds like your application process was the problem. I new use zaggs on my iPhone 4 cause of the lifetime warranty.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Sgp

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im using the invisible shield from zagg and must say i am not happy with it. its design is not all that great, has imperfections with the chemicals they use. When the phone is off you can see the imperfections in the material. Im a vinyl sign installer so i am a perfectionists. Life time warranty is great, keep in mind you still have to pay for shipping and handling. 60% satisfied and probably wont buy again being that iphone4 is made with gorilla glass and would probably take 2 years for a good size scratch to appear.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It actually scratches fairly easy without a screen protector.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Gadget guardz mobbbbb

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    It actually scratches fairly easy without a screen protector.
    I'll second that, I put it in my pocket just once with my keys for about 2 minutes. I now have a light scratch on the screen and 4 on the back!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem I went threw 4 diff kinds, finally I found one of those stands in the mall n the guy gave me a Matte finished one n it works great

Oh 4got privacy screen from power supply is gr8 apple used to carry them but people were stealing them or asking staff to put them on n if they messed up theywould keep waisting them till it was good and management put an end to that
    Last edited by HeavyD4; 2010-07-25 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hell-of-a long post just for a plastic recommendation...well here's my recommendation :

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iasjff4d
    iasjffa4
    25% off zagg products promo code if anyone wants them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry 4 long post I'll keep em short from now on, Wrap sol is another good one

the screen protecter i prefer to use is the incipio because it has a realy realy nice feel and its not sticky as the invisible sheild is , also feels natural as if you were touching the iphone 4's bare glass screen. the case it comes with is nice too.