Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incipio Feather for iPhone 4 Review

Default Incipio Feather for iPhone 4 Review
    Got my Incipio Feather today for the iPhone 4, and I'm very happy. I had a Feather on my 3GS and this feels just as good or better, and really makes the phone feel better in my hand.

Pix: (click on the picture for full size)
    Packaging:

What's in the box. Case, the screen protector and instructions:

On the phone:

The matte feel is really great and doesn't pick up stuff in your pocket. Nice coverage for the damage areas (corners) while allowing good access to everything other than the power button, which now feels a little too recessed. Not a big issue for me. No interference at all with the camera.

Looking at it, the screen is higher than the edge of the case, which seems to be a small gap in the protection, though less than you might expect. The radius of the edge and the additional thickness of the case means the vast majority of drops will be absorbed by the case. My feather took a lot of knocks, and my 3GS looked terrific coming out of it, so while this isn't a case made for a rough life (see the Silicrylic comments below), it offers good protection in my opinion.

Fitment is very tight. Small ridges in the case grab the metal band around the phone and hold on for dear life! Getting it off is pretty easy (start at the top right corner), but you aren't going to do it by accident.

It also makes the holding experience better. The tiny bit of extra width (less than 2mm) and the improved grip feel really good. The iPhone 4 is very "slick" feeling, which makes me worry about dropping it, and the Feather eliminates that entirely. I've also noticed that when I set my iPhone on the arm of a sofa, etc. it tends to slide off very easily, which is also addressed with the case.

I didn't put on the included screen protector. I got an Incipio Silicrylic for my wife's iPhone 4, and she did put the protector on hers. She said it wasn't for the faint of heart - hard and any speck of dust makes a bubble. She got it perfect, and it is not noticeable at all. The feel is very good, too.

Net: I'm very pleased!!!

BTW - the Silicrylic is pretty much a dense rubber case with a Feather outside shell. Very similar feel to the feather with even more protection but minimal bulk. I'd recommend that for the rough crowd!
    (Incipio's Pic)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nc3g For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (2010-07-08), cpjr (2010-07-08), hellrazor35 (2010-07-08), June'sIphone (2010-07-08)

Nice review.

+1
    Thanks for the info. I picked up the same case earlier today for mine

So Broomy, you gave in

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hello fellow bf.c OTter! Like i wrote on that thread i find that the feather and the luxelean are pretty much as close as 2 cases can get to the other. The luxe has some openings on the sides that show off the metal sides but other than that and color they are almost identical.