Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Zagg invisible shield

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's very easy. Especially on an iPhone 4 since it's all flat.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gom33 For This Useful Post:

kadinh (2010-07-04)

I got bestskinsever on my iphone 4 @ 7.99 for full coverage front, back and sides seemed to fix reception problem.

huh. i got the zagg maximum coverage but only installed the front and back. still have the sides to install but was holding back but now that im seeing i have the reception issue gonna install tomorrow and see if it fixes the stupid reception issue if not im returning my phone and gonna wait til the white iphone 4 is released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    It's very easy. Especially on an iPhone 4 since it's all flat.
    That's what I thought. I guess I'll give it a go next week when it arrives. Can't wait until I can stop worrying bout what I put in my pocket with my phone.

The only thing I hate about the Zagg's is that it has a orange peel effect texture to it.

Thanks

i put the zagg on my i4 last night and i can say im pretty pleased with it. i got the maximum coverage that covers the front, back, and sides. it was easy to put on (took less than 30 minutes for everything) and i let it sit over night and all of the micro bubbles are gone and it doesnt seem to hinder screen clarity at all. and i still have about 1/4 of the bottle of solution left!

first opinion of the product is pretty good, easy for self install. i like the feel of it and have heard that the screen gets slicker and easier to slide after you use it a bit.

i give it 8/10 (so far; without knowing long term durability)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kadinh For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-07-09)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the review.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Invisishield VS Otterbox Defender
    Quote Originally Posted by EduGeek View Post
    I've got an InvisiShield on mine currently as I am waiting for Otterbox to release their Defender case for the 4.

Mine just covers the front and back of the unit, not the sides.

I'm not particularly impressed with it either as it is a pain to install and even when you get it right, it just doesn't look good.

I'll be removing it once I get my Otterbox.
    Yes, Invisishield is a pain to install, and I also have the Otterbox.
    I don't know where you got your Invisishield but mine covers the sides.
    However, it's a no-brainer to remove the Invisishield...the Otterbox is somewhat difficult to remove and it CAN scratch your iphone.

Wait until you try removing the Otterbox Defender!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Yes, Invisishield is a pain to install
    for me it wasnt too difficult. it just took patience and diligence to smooth out the bubbles from under the film. and add just enough spray so you can move it around a little once you set it on the phone (same process when putting on window tint on cars).

for some ppl its not convenient for them to do it. im a DIY kinda guy. with no previous experience i put this on (and previously i took apart my stock iphone headphones and put skullcandy buds on them so i could keep the inline remote).

but like i said, this is just a preliminary review. im pretty picky about the things i get and research them like crazy before i buy them. one thing i noticed today is when i pulled my phone out of my jeans some lint was stuck to the corners (probably from the adhesive still being on the edges).

when a worthy iphone 4 case comes out ill plan on getting one (none i like are out right now) to protect from drops, but the invisible shield is good for me right now.

I use to use Martin Fields Overlay, but have now been using Zagg for a long time. They do have a lifetime warranty. Only thing is its not really "free". I have just replaced 2 of them. They didnt give me any problems with the warranty. But they do charge $3.95 for shipping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12