Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two iPhone 4 Dock Questions

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Two iPhone 4 Dock Questions
    1. Do we know yet whether or not the iPhone 4 will fit in the Apple dock while encased in the Apple bumper?

2. Is there a black dock available yet for the iPhone 4?

Thanks

No
    No

Poor planning on Apple's part to finally develop their own case for use with the iPhone, and then fail to have their dock accommodate said case. They've taken me out of the dock market with that oversight -- and lost $30 in the process. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So, are there any iPhone docks that work with bumpers/cases? Perhaps one of the ones they made for the 3G (if exists) will work for the 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Poor planning on Apple's part to finally develop their own case for use with the iPhone, and then fail to have their dock accommodate said case. They've taken me out of the dock market with that oversight -- and lost $30 in the process. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    i don't think apple cares, either way they are gaining $30 whether you went for the case or the dock

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's really rare that a dock will work with any case. Reason a lot of cases have a removable bottom to allow docking.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I use the universal dock and it works with my iPhone 4 plus bumper. It's awesome and will work with remote included as well. Just throwing it out there at you all, especially those who own many iPhone/iPods.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Llcouttien View Post
    I use the universal dock and it works with my iPhone 4 plus bumper. It's awesome and will work with remote included as well. Just throwing it out there at you all, especially those who own many iPhone/iPods.
    Ok, I don't know what universal dock you're using, but the one I have absolutely does not fit with the iphone4 + bumper.
    I called Apple support to ask if they had any knowledge of one that fits with the bumper and they stated "There is no dock (aftermarket or otherwise) available that works with the current bumper.

Exceptionally awesome answer that I should have expected from Apple!

So now, there is no issue with the iphone 4 but, we're going to give you free bumpers that won't dock with anything that we currently offer...

Maybe they should have spent a few less dollars on the antenna testing center and a few more on making some hardware that is compatible with the things they release?

Anyone else know of a dock that works with the bumper?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I can confirm, after buying and returning several iPhone docks, that this one DOES WORK with the iPhone 4 + Bumper:

PCMS (BLACK) CRADLE / DOCKING STATION

You simply place the iPhone 4 + Bumper in the dock without any of the adapter plates installed. I have the iPhone 4 + Bumper and have two of these docks - one at home and one at work.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrick G. For This Useful Post:

arias51 (2010-07-20), s4boost (2010-07-25)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    i don't think apple cares, either way they are gaining $30 whether you went for the case or the dock
    They should care; why get $30 from the customer when you can get $60?

I can tell you the iphone2g dock works perfectly with the ip4..

Quote Originally Posted by realisticmind1 View Post
    I can tell you the iphone2g dock works perfectly with the ip4..
    Yes but what the original poster wanted to know if there was any docks that work with a bumper case on.

Try reading before you post.