Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: decent headphones in the 30 dollar and under range

Default decent headphones in the 30 dollar and under range
    anybody got any recommendations for some decent headphones in the 30 dollar and under range? not looking to spend a whole lot just something better than apples earbuds

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Although they aren't buds, walmart has a pair of Sony studio headphones for $15. A little awkward when out and about, but you can't beat the sound quality.

I am very pleased with these........iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories Earphones Chameleon earbuds with tapLINE II control technology

I dont like in the ear ones for talking. These don't have the rubber around the edge like the apple ones so nothing to peel off. Music is excellent in my opinion.

And people can hear me loud and clear and on my end voices are crisp.

Right on will have a look...

Anybody know anything about the Sennheiser CX300s??

skullcandies
    never had them before but heard they were good

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Right on will have a look...

Anybody know anything about the Sennheiser CX300s??
    i have them and they're decent. if you getting a bumper, stay away. the plug won't fit into the jack with the bumper on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ducktales For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    i have them and they're decent. if you getting a bumper, stay away. the plug won't fit into the jack with the bumper on.
    thanks for that info man, i was so close to buying them also prob will get the bumper case so forget about it.

what would you say is a good alternative within that price range?

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    thanks for that info man, i was so close to buying them also prob will get the bumper case so forget about it.

what would you say is a good alternative within that price range?
    that's a good question. i'm looking for one myself since the cx300's don't fit, lol.

i'm actually looking into the Logitech Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170. They're decent and have a straight jack. It should fit, I hope.

It sounds crazy, but Lenovo makes a really great bud headphone that has an in-line mic for $20

Linky

The sound quality is excellent. I have Apples buds and the difference is hard to discern. They are far more secure in my ear than the Apple buds, too...

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

They not in the 30$ range but they are d headphones v-moda have them since 2007 the best monsta... I have 4 pairs... And if you want go to amazon.com they have them in there too I bought 3 pairs for 80$.... Keep in mind these headphones use to cost 100$... On the spot but now like 75$ but like I said if you want the best you got to paid the price. Performance sound monsta... Take my avice
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GOOD: (cheapest set)

20$ + 3$ shipping = total 23$
    BETTER: (most expensive)

50$ + 3$ shipping = total 53$
    BEST: (in-between)

45$ + free shipping = total 45$

not sure why the best (the 655 model is the premium in this line up) is cheaper then the second best...the 655s do have a cloth type texture to the cord and some people complain that it transmits scratchy sounds when it rubs against clothing..

what i like is the mic and controls are separated on the cord so when wearing a motorcycle helmet the mic is in the helmet avoiding wind while i can still access the controls out side of the helmet..

i went with the cheapest ones ill be getting them in the mail tomorrow i think ill post my thoughts on them then..

hope this helps..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How about the $79 dollar in ear headphones that apple sells on their website? Anybody use those or know anyone who has used em?

I wouldn't recommend the apple in ear ones. If you are going to spend 80$ buy a different brand. Yes The apple in ear ones will be better than what comes with the phone but almost any in ear bud is also it won't be 80$ better. Like I said if your going to spend the money buy a real product not an over priced apple branded toy.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynice View Post
    How about the $79 dollar in ear headphones that apple sells on their website? Anybody use those or know anyone who has used em?
    I have both the Apple and Lenovo buds, and I can't tell the difference other than the Lenovo buds stay in my ears better and don't feel as dainty - an audiophile with great ears might be able to tell. I also like the fact that they are black vs. Apple-White (which doesn't match my phone at all...).

The bag included w/ the Lenovo buds isn't as cool as the wrap-case for the Apple buds, but for $60 less, I'm not complaining.