Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox case for iPod Touch 2/3rd Gen

Default Otterbox case for iPod Touch 2/3rd Gen
    Anyone has one? I really want one bad...

iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Gen Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Before I get one from the official site, anyone know if its ok to purchase one form Amazon? They do have them.
    iPhone 3G/4/6Plus | OS X | PS3/4-PSN: Cenix13xpe
    DeviantART Twitter Twitter II

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricEnix View Post
    Anyone has one? I really want one bad...

iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Gen Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Before I get one from the official site, anyone know if its ok to purchase one form Amazon? They do have them.
    I bought one for an Iphone from iPhone 3G 3GS Accessories - Cases, Skins, Covers, Holsters, Chargers, Screen Protectors and when I got it I cleaned my phone real good and put my phone in it and assembled it and I loved it but for one thing! When it is put together and finished there was some spots on the screen that looked like water was between the phone glass and the Defender glass! I tooked it apart and MADE sure all was dry and put it back together and same thing! I did not like the looks on the screen so I went to Otterbox and looked to see if I was the only one with this problem! Evidently not as this is a problem that the OtterBox Defender has and they have a YouTube video of how to resolve this!

1st way to fix the problem is to use baby power and you need to look at the video on how to do it but it WORKS!

2nd is to put a matte screen protector on you I phone then put it together! They say use one of the mirrored ones! I don't like this as I have problem seeing my iphone outside in the sunlight with that type!

I use the baby power method and I think you will have to do it ever so often, but its been over a month so far and it is still looking good!

One other thing is you do know that it is a little more bulky with this type case! Not much but is a little more bulky!

I love mine and it is a lot more safer if you know what I mean as some of us is kluts!

Here is the video of the baby power method!

YouTube - OtterBoxTV's Channel

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-06-11 at 10:27 PM.

This will be useful. Thanks for the warning!!!

Thanks

This will be useful. Thanks for the warning!!!
    The baby power really works great so far and its been over a month and still look great!

wow I like it.
    Its a better price on amazon but its not sold by Amazon but a 3rd party... I'd rather buy it from amazon and have Amazon ship it to me (some sellers are really slow to ship) but I think you're covered by Amazon's return policies regardless

if you have a older one that it dont fit in the clip very tight they will give you another clip if you call them. i busted a iphone cause it wouldnt stay in the clip. if you move wrong it would fall out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wreck-gar View Post
    wow I like it.
    Its a better price on amazon but its not sold by Amazon but a 3rd party... I'd rather buy it from amazon and have Amazon ship it to me (some sellers are really slow to ship) but I think you're covered by Amazon's return policies regardless
    Last time I ordered from Amazon it took like a month to get the item and it showed to be in stock? The place I listed I chose free shipping and got it in 4 days!

Wow. When The Official Otterbox website ran out I looked at Amazon and they had it for a less price as you said. Why not do it from them. I am thinking of getting it from them.

Thanks

Wow. When The Official Otterbox website ran out I looked at Amazon and they had it for a less price as you said. Why not do it from them. I am thinking of getting it from them.
    Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks..You know, even Otter themselves made a YouTube vid to fix that screen problem with baby powder. lol

I thought it was a home made idea. lol

Thanks

Thanks..You know, even Otter themselves made a YouTube vid to fix that screen problem with baby powder. lol

I thought it was a home made idea. lol
    Otterbox is where I found the Video!

Then were all happy!

lol

i have this but for the iphone and i love it. its great for me cuz i work in a warehouse and keep my iphone in my pocket.

I hear ya dude! When I first saw it, I was on YouTube and the guy was showing how to put it together. I thought.. That's the best iPod case ever!!!

I have the commuter case from otterbox for my iphone and love it. went as far as buying a case for my blackberry and fits perfectly aslo.

I bought mine from amazon for like 10$ and got it in the mail within a few days. Definetly getting an otterbox for the iphone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dashercsm View Post
    I have the commuter case from otterbox for my iphone and love it. went as far as buying a case for my blackberry and fits perfectly aslo.

I bought mine from amazon for like 10$ and got it in the mail within a few days. Definetly getting an otterbox for the iphone 4.
    You got an OtterBox Defender case for $10 at Amazon?

Not the defender but the commuter I think it's called. They had both cheaper than anywhere else I had found.