Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Cases?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    I live in San Diego so I am always around sand and even though I kept my 3Gs in a ziplock bag when at the beach, sand particles did get between my incase and the phone and scratched the back and bezel a little.

I doubt a clear screen protector will noticeably impact the display quality, but will let you know
    I completely understand the extra protection at the beach. With respect to display quality, every time you add another layer of plastic -- no matter how thin -- you degrade the quality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    I don't know why people keep giving the "screen protector" industry their money.

Unless you're careless with the phone or live at the beach (sand), there is no reason to believe the phone will scratch with normal use.

The iPhone glass is NOT MEANT TO BE COVERED -- it has a special oleophobic coating to resist fingerprints and the glass is incredibly scratch-resistant. Putting a film over it negates the coating, and compromises the display quality.

Just put a bumper on it and be done. Anyone who says you "need" a screen protector is pulling your leg.
    I use a matte screen protector to help hide fingerprints. I agree that these screens don't need "protection" but when my screen is naked, I find myself constantly wiping/cleaning it.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunsta View Post
    I use a matte screen protector to help hide fingerprints. I agree that these screens don't need "protection" but when my screen is naked, I find myself constantly wiping/cleaning it.
    100% agree. I am going to be looking out for a front and back matte protector.

I ordered a Bumper already and now looking for the front and back matte protectors. My iPhone 3GS got a Matte protector before it even got turned on for the first time but my iPhone 4 looks like it will have to be completely naked for 1 day until I get my bumper and even longer to find the protectors. Hopefully I do not scratch the screen because I had my iPod touch less than a month before sand scratched its screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    100% agree. I am going to be looking out for a front and back matte protector.

I ordered a Bumper already and now looking for the front and back matte protectors. My iPhone 3GS got a Matte protector before it even got turned on for the first time but my iPhone 4 looks like it will have to be completely naked for 1 day until I get my bumper and even longer to find the protectors. Hopefully I do not scratch the screen because I had my iPod touch less than a month before sand scratched its screen.
    sekazi -- looks like SGP has/will have front, back, and side matte protectors: SGP Incredible Shield ULTRA MATTE for Apple iPhone 4 (Matte Type Full Body Screen Protection Film Set)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bpdunsta For This Useful Post:

pumperx (2010-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunsta View Post
    sekazi -- looks like SGP has/will have front, back, and side matte protectors: SGP Incredible Shield ULTRA MATTE for Apple iPhone 4 (Matte Type Full Body Screen Protection Film Set)
    Thanks. SGP makes the skin I have of my laptop. It refuses to scratch even though I throw it in a pouch along with all of the cables (btw that was also bought due to a annoyance to finger prints). I am keeping an eye on on SwitchEasy. If they do not announce anything before the 21st I may order this.

I forgot to mention another reason I will only use a matte protector is because on glass fingers do not move smoothly across the screen but with a matte protector it glides extremely smooth. Has anyone ever tried to play Flight Control, Edge or Sway on glass. It is down right annoying when my fingers catch on the glass. It is like your fingers run out of oil and just lock up on the screen.

Thanks

Thanks. SGP makes the skin I have of my laptop. It refuses to scratch even though I throw it in a pouch along with all of the cables (btw that was also bought due to a annoyance to finger prints). I am keeping an eye on on SwitchEasy. If they do not announce anything before the 21st I may order this.

I forgot to mention another reason I will only use a matte protector is because on glass fingers do not move smoothly across the screen but with a matte protector it glides extremely smooth. Has anyone ever tried to play Flight Control, Edge or Sway on glass. It is down right annoying when my fingers catch on the glass. It is like your fingers run out of oil and just lock up on the screen.
    Funny...I've been checking SwitchEasy everyday. I have the Vulcan on my 3GS right now (had the Torrent and Reptile as well). Was really hoping for a Vulcan-like skin/case for the iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't know why people keep giving the "screen protector" industry their money.

Unless you're careless with the phone or live at the beach (sand), there is no reason to believe the phone will scratch with normal use.

The iPhone glass is NOT MEANT TO BE COVERED -- it has a special oleophobic coating to resist fingerprints and the glass is incredibly scratch-resistant. Putting a film over it negates the coating, and compromises the display quality.

Just put a bumper on it and be done. Anyone who says you "need" a screen protector is pulling your leg.

They guy my gf got her phone from at the Apple store said the exact same thing. Two weeks later shes got a small chip from dropping it and a small scratch from being in her purse. Both could have easily been avoided with a screen protector. I agree you don't "need" them just like you don't need a case, but it sure is reassuring when I throw mine in my pocket with keys or hers in her purse with the world.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I completely understand the extra protection at the beach. With respect to display quality, every time you add another layer of plastic -- no matter how thin -- you degrade the quality.
    the coating they add actually makes the screen more scratch prone, the coating is what gets scratched off, and it shows as if its a scratch on the glass (even though the glass is still pristine)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've always had screen protectors and cases on my iPhones, and the iPhone 4 is not going to be an exception, i actually got my iPhone 4 case in the mail this morning. I bought it from BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More, it doesn't seem very great, but it's just my temporary case until switcheasy releases something. I also ordered some ghost armor for the front and back too, but it doesn't ship until the 24th , but they have a special right now for $10 off, so it's not too bad, and ghost armor is way better than invisible shield imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    the coating they add actually makes the screen more scratch prone, the coating is what gets scratched off, and it shows as if its a scratch on the glass (even though the glass is still pristine)
    Perhaps I'll eat my words, but my 3GS is a year old and the screen is blemish-free. Never had a protector on it.

Good point, I had a Matte protector on my 3Gs and loved it. I guess I will pick up this SGP set.

I just sold a used 16gb 3Gs for $380 and a 2G for $200. I am sure I will want to sell the iphone4 for the 4g or iphone5 that comes out next. I am going to do everything I can to keep it in pristine condition so it will have a high resale value. Of course an unlock will help also

Thanks

im getting the light blue bumper on my all white iphone 4

Last edited by xwinger; 2010-06-18 at 12:41 AM.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whodatfan View Post
    I like the looks of this case....

Here's a few that I've found.

Lattice Series Silicone iPhone 4 Case - Gray - DSStyles.com

Engrave Your Tech

ColorSplash Case - iPhone 4 Case / Apple iPhone 4 Case / iPhone 4 ColorSplash Case / Apple iPhone 4 ColorSplash Case

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The_13th_Plague For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2010-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overjjrk View Post
    Here's a few that I've found.

Lattice Series Silicone iPhone 4 Case - Gray*-*DSStyles.com

Engrave Your Tech

ColorSplash Case - iPhone 4 Case / Apple iPhone 4 Case / iPhone 4 ColorSplash Case / Apple iPhone 4 ColorSplash Case

I can't stand those silicone cases... they attract every bit of dust/lint/dirt etc. I learned my lesson when I had my 1st Gen. iPod. heh

I got this one to tide me over. Who knows... maybe it will end up being ok. Heck, it's only $7.

iPhone 4G TPU Flexi Graphic Skin Case - Smoke Check

SportGrip Edge for iPhone 4

The phone just looks too beautiful to cover up with a case, so i'm thinking about getting one of these in red along with the InvisibleSHIELD i already ordered. Seems sturdier than the Bumper Apple is gonna sell and costs 10 dollars less plus it already comes with a "film" to protect the front and the back of the phone.
    Last edited by Lace; 2010-06-20 at 12:16 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lace For This Useful Post:

tecpunk64 (2010-07-07)

Theres alot of cases here for only 6.99, pretty cheap if you ask me, spent around $25 on this plus invisible shield front and back (50% discount code on invisible shield and 20% off discount code on the case) Ya I'm cheap =D

iPhone 4 Cases, iPhone 4 Cases (iPhone 4th Generation Cases)

Awesome!! just pre ordered the bamboo case from grove.

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    Awesome!! just pre ordered the bamboo case from grove.
    Nice, its a beautiful case! Hopefully you give an overview of it when it comes in(like a month from now...). I'd like to know if it has any shock absorption properties to it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast