Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: which cable is better Composite or Component

Default which cable is better Composite or Component
    Planning on getting a cable to watch videos on my TV with my iPhone or iTouch. Just wondering what you all think would get me a better quality picture. The RCA (white, red, yellow) or (red, white, green, blue). this will be connected to a 42" Samsung LCD.
    I just don't want to be dissapointed with the picture quality and watch pixelated videos. Thanks for you help.

Thanks

composite = one video (yellow)

component = three video (red green blue)

so...more video connections mean better picture quality

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you output from the current iPad or iPhone you are limited to 480p which is VGA quality. The composite and component will be identical in video quality. If the NEW iPhone outputs high definition then you will get full resolution from a component cable.

Component if you have the choice- thats what I run- Of course i also went nuts on my WII too with it also over composite.

I was also going to buy the Component Cables. I have the iPad 3G and i Plan on getting the iPhone 4. DO you think the iPhone 4 will put out 720p or higher or still 480p at highest?

Never mind looked at the tech specs and it only supports the VGA at 720p. the Component is up to 576. lol
    Last edited by cjgonzales1900; 2010-06-12 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)
    Quoted from the iPhone 4 tech specs.