Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How would I go about creating an Iphone stand?

Default How would I go about creating an Iphone stand?
    Hey guys,

I have just thought of a pretty good Idea for an Iphone stand. I was wondering how I would go about creating a prototype or giving this idea to a company or anything.

Let me know if you can help...!

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

you can make a cool iPhone stand outta 5 pencils and some rubberbands but your idea is probably more complex huh?
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

I full out mean manufacturing a stand that i could sell to either a company or my self!

Thanks

Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks for the help, I think I am going to design (virtually) what it will look like, present it to a few small companyies and we'll see from there.

I met a injected plastic type manufacturer from China at CES. I can give you their contact if you want and you can see if they can do what you want at the cost you want. I can't directly vouch for them other however since I haven't had any business dealings with them. They manufacturer iPhone cases, PC cases, etc. I think they'll do anything that's plastic.

in youtube you could get a video showing process how a CD cut and warmed into iphone stand, just search it

I'd recommend starting small to see if its a good business idea.
    A manufacturer will want to make hundreds of thousands of a design.
    Try making something clever/unique. You could put it on etsy.

BTW see Iphone stands on instructables

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

wow this is old hahaha...any way since then I've stumbled upon the fact that in the Developer section of Apple they have all the requirments and measurements if you want it to become "Apple Certified" haha anyway good luck dude (when's your "big" redemption thing's winners gunna be announced?)
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    wow this is old hahaha...any way since then I've stumbled upon the fact that in the Developer section of Apple they have all the requirments and measurements if you want it to become "Apple Certified" haha anyway good luck dude (when's your "big" redemption thing's winners gunna be announced?)
    I'm not gonna take up doing this, was just wondering for fun, maybe in the future lol.

No estimated time of finishing, I'm gonna let it run still because people are still entering.