Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck in case!! PLEASE HELP!

Default Iphone stuck in case!! PLEASE HELP!
    Alright so I have the clear-coat on my Iphone 3gs right now and I sanpped on the Iphone 3gs slimsheild from agent 18 (the plaid one) and I can't take it off my phone!

I have never tried on the case so idk if im doing it wrong or if its stuck.

Please help...

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I'm remembering that the clear-coat is a thin, screen-protector-like film on the phone, and the case covers the back, snaps around the sides, and doesn't go over the front lip....

I'd find someone with strong nails, you hold the phone, touching as little of the case as possible, and they pry at a corner or side. If you can pry up any of it, slip something thin and NOT METAL in to pry away. Maybe a credit card. I have a feeling you might end up breaking the case or scratching the clear-coat or both, but that should get the case off.

Just thought of this...take a blow drier or heat gun to the case real quick?... I've seen this work for other things...

My friend was able to get this off, for starters I am horrible at getting this case of, it's a very tight fit.

The additonal screen film on the back just made it even tighetr.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Guess this one will not be getting a good review? Or maybe it will because it does not slip, at all.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Actually it's good in every way, I would give it almost a perfect review if I could figure out how to take it out of the case.

Maybe I am doing it wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sure there's a certain side, corner, or combination thereof to pry on that'll make this thing pop off.

These snap-on cases all require a bit of finesse, especially if they are already stretched to fit over the clearcoat, which is non-slip. BTW, I think a screw driver would have worked well. The clearcoat is pretty tough.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Try this link out maybe there is something there that might help you.

How to remove a stuck iphone case?

Well I got it out now, and I am supposed to do a case review of it for Agent 18 but I don't want to put it on my Iphone without knowing if there is a certain way to get it off.

Thanks

I had this issue with my mophie juice. The thin film is just thick enough to cause the iphone to be too snug and the tackiness of the film doesn't help either.

not sure what case you're using but mine was a Uncommon Capsule Case. Anyway, didnt dare to put the iphone in a fridge, drip oil to lubricate or use hairdryer to try to expand the slider case, though i've tried everything else. however, i manage to get a pen to push the iphone out slightly from the earphone hole on top of the case. then the rest had to rely on a chopstick stunt.

this is how i got my phone out dont worry about Dit: How to Remove iPhone Cover