Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how's Incase Power Slidder? i wanna buy one

Default how's Incase Power Slidder? i wanna buy one
    iPhone Incase Power Slidder, does anybody know about it?

features:
    Power Slider features a low profile, complementary design and innovative functionality, serving as both a case and power solution. A custom engineered lithium-ion polymer battery with efficient circuitry was created for Power Slider to allow for a slim design and maximum power output. The optimized power management system provides continuous charge to the internal battery of iPhone 3G. When in use, power drains first from Power Slider so that the device's internal battery remains fully charged and is only depleted once the battery of Power Slider has been drained.

An integrated sync mode allows Power Slider users to easily sync and charge their devices while iPhone 3G is in Power Slider. A five-light LED battery status indicator gauges battery life and also denotes sync mode and charging. Included with every Power Slider is a custom USB 2.2 cable that allows for high capacity charging and data exchange for optimal charging and syncing. Additionally, Power Slider is compatible with all USB charging ports that provide 5V at 1A output.

Power Slider provides the best in hardshell protection and extended battery life for iPhone 3G. The design of Power Slider is an evolution of the Slider Case, one of the most popular iPhone cases by Incase. Power Slider maintains the durable, lightweight hardshell construction of the Slider Case and features soft-touch coating for added grip and durability.

Ive watch the review video on youtube, some people said the drawbacks are: 1) TOO HEAVY 2) TOO HOT at the back of this case and will probably damage the iphone.

IS THIS TRUE???????????

Its nice, it works well. Buy it.

It is bulky, as to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

hi, thanx. but does the case looks heavy and thick? how thick is it? thx

It makes the 3G twice as thick... it serves its purpose but is quite bulky. It will charge my iPhone back to 100% off a completely dead battery
    I have one... and I used it for a couple months... and back when I would really power use the phone it kept me going strong all day. but nothing beats going naked... the phone feels a hell of a lot lighter and smaller now that I dont use it anymore.

I just carry around a kensington portable battery/charger around with me... only will give me maybe 60% off a dead phone, but its small and can be carried with me in my pocket.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-09-02 at 06:43 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I went to apple to check out both the incase power slider and the mophie juice pack air. I asked the worker about the incase and he said they stopped gettin hem and will not get them because people lost reception with the case beeing on their iphone. So with that info, i took a look at the mophie juice pack air and picked that up. It does add that bulk to ot but it actually feels good in my hands both portrai and landscape. I picked up the white one, wish they would have made their black in a matte color like the incase, cuz i hate that shiny black they offer with the juice pack. Just a fyi to yiu, i dont know where you are located but the appstore worler did say they will not get them any more. I don't know if you can get them online thoigh on incase website.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    It makes the 3G twice as thick... it serves its purpose but is quite bulky. It will charge my iPhone back to 100% off a completely dead battery
    I have one... and I used it for a couple months... and back when I would really power use the phone it kept me going strong all day. but nothing beats going naked... the phone feels a hell of a lot lighter and smaller now that I dont use it anymore.

I just carry around a kensington portable battery/charger around with me... only will give me maybe 60% off a dead phone, but its small and can be carried with me in my pocket.
    2X thick...OMG~

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    I went to apple to check out both the incase power slider and the mophie juice pack air. I asked the worker about the incase and he said they stopped gettin hem and will not get them because people lost reception with the case beeing on their iphone. So with that info, i took a look at the mophie juice pack air and picked that up. It does add that bulk to ot but it actually feels good in my hands both portrai and landscape. I picked up the white one, wish they would have made their black in a matte color like the incase, cuz i hate that shiny black they offer with the juice pack. Just a fyi to yiu, i dont know where you are located but the appstore worler did say they will not get them any more. I don't know if you can get them online thoigh on incase website.
    ah~ why people lost reception of this item? anymore significant drawbacks that lead to this result?

u can find it on ebay still available.......
    Last edited by XFRX; 2009-09-02 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hav no idea how people lost rexeption qhile using that case. I am just going by what the apple guy said. The mophie is a little tbinner than the incase though, have you looked at the mophie?

Go with the Mophie Juice Pack. I have owned both and I like the Juice Pack a lot better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought mine last week. Juice pack air has the off on switch so u can use the pack only when needed.

Best use is charge both internal and pack go thru your use when your batt hits 20% turn on pack and charge internal then turn off pack.

I hav no idea how people lost rexeption qhile using that case. I am just going by what the apple guy said. The mophie is a little tbinner than the incase though, have you looked at the mophie?
    Hi, yes, I did. and i'd just watch a VIDEO from youtube about the intro of mophie juice. ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVpEfTuq9tU]YouTube - Mophie Juice Pack[/ame])

it seems mj is great. However, what i disappointed is there is NO PROTECTION on top of the iphone unlike incase.

Furthermore, the mj only extended the battery life to 6 hours which is shorter and fewer than the incase one...

SO CURRENTLY THERE R ONLY 2 BRANDS THAT MADE THE PROTECTION CASE WITH BATTERY RIGHT?

i want incase's longer batter hours and the full body protection design PLUS mj case's slim and better looking design......any battery case that fullfil my requirements NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Go with the Mophie Juice Pack. I have owned both and I like the Juice Pack a lot better.
    thanks, so how many hours less than the incase one?
    Last edited by XFRX; 2009-09-03 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That is the mophie juice pack.... Youtube mophie juice pack AIR.... the one you have on video is the first one that came out, the mophie juice pack air protects the top like the incase, the incase though, protects the face i guess, liek you can put your phone face down and it wont scratch i guess???? Just youtube mophie juice pack air and you will know what i am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by XFRX View Post
    Hi, yes, I did. and i'd just watch a VIDEO from youtube about the intro of mophie juice. (YouTube - Mophie Juice Pack)

it seems mj is great. However, what i disappointed is there is NO PROTECTION on top of the iphone unlike incase.

Furthermore, the mj only extended the battery life to 6 hours which is shorter and fewer than the incase one...

SO CURRENTLY THERE R ONLY 2 BRANDS THAT MADE THE PROTECTION CASE WITH BATTERY RIGHT?

i want incase's longer batter hours and the full body protection design PLUS mj case's slim and better looking design......any battery case that fullfil my requirements NOW?

thanks, so how many hours less than the incase one?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This case looks so gorgeous. I just can not wait anymore to buy it. Where can I get it from? Does anyone have any idea? What can be price of it? Let me know guys.
    mod/edit links removed

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I go mine from apple store. If you can wait to get it shipped you can et refurbished ones for 62.99 or so from mophie.com. You still get the one year warranty from them same thing as new. I am not patient enough so i just bought mine from apple, lol. Would hav daved me 20 bucks though, hahahaha

That is the mophie juice pack.... Youtube mophie juice pack AIR.... the one you have on video is the first one that came out, the mophie juice pack air protects the top like the incase, the incase though, protects the face i guess, liek you can put your phone face down and it wont scratch i guess???? Just youtube mophie juice pack air and you will know what i am talking about.

Many thanks for the recommendation! I've just bought the white mophie juice AIR immediately after watched a few review video on youtube. It's so alsome!!!!!! Slim (world's thinnest),2X battery lide, protective. GR8 CASE+GR8 PRODUCT+GR8 DESIGN!!! I like it very much! Resolve all of the battery problems! I stil have to wait for a few days for the delivery...

anyway, again, Thank you!
    Last edited by XFRX; 2009-09-04 at 06:04 AM.

I agree that the mophie is better.
    A little side note you are supposed to use the backup power energy first as you lose battery power during recharge, about 10-20% depending on the exact device.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys. You made my day. I will just visit mophie to get it. I hope I get in cheap price. Thanks once again.
    mod/edit links removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone DSG04lightning's Avatar
    Thanks

In my experience with the power slider, it was a great case good feel alil bit more bulky 2x as thick.

downfall: the service is HORRIBLE i would be standing outside on a clear day and not have any 3G and one bar of service, not sure why this case affected reception but it did, no i returned it and the phone works beautifully

i recently bought another battery from Fast Mac called True Power IV but is suposed to tripple battery life. i will admit it is kindy ugly but very functional. it has a Flash that can be used for taking pics or just as a flashlight. no my phone lasts a full day and a half(not including the iphone battery used)I can also charge other things with the USB output and the best part i can still use my 3G Dock
    Last edited by DSG04lightning; 2009-09-05 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks

Gotta get myself a Mophie juice pack air, They rock!

They should make them in matt/rubber finishes also.. The shiny finish, can show scratches..

One thing I would like to know is..... Does it fit on a 32 Gb iphone, Because on the box it says 8gb and 16 gb..
    Last edited by Atari.2600; 2009-09-05 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

I've used the incase slider bust not the power slider
    If it is new and isn't all scratched up i would choose the invisisheild for the bulk factor, when i get a used iipod from time to time that is beaten i'll put it in just the incase slider so it looks nice and is safe. As for the power/battery part it up too you if its worth it.
    Last edited by Periodic; 2009-09-05 at 06:50 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atari.2600 View Post
    Gotta get myself a Mophie juice pack air, They rock!

They should make them in matt/rubber finishes also.. The shiny finish, can show scratches..

One thing I would like to know is..... Does it fit on a 32 Gb iphone, Because on the box it says 8gb and 16 gb..
    i was thinking the same as far as the finish, would love to have a black matte like the incase... I first bought the white one, but i think i am going to return it for the black one, lol, my wife told me I do not look right with the white case, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

and yes it will fit your 32 gig, I have a 32gb as well and have no problems...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast