Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Better solution for Apple Component AV Cable

Default Better solution for Apple Component AV Cable
    So I wanted to watch the movies that I have on my iPhone but have them play on my TV. So I bought the Component AV Cable from Apple. This might be a dumb questions, so please excuse my ignorance. What do you do if your TV only has the two inputs for audio and one for video? This adapter uses three cables for video so I am a little confused. I have one TV that I can hook it up to since it has all five slots to plug into but the TV in the bed room only has the three hookups and not five. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You bought the "component" video cable so this can't be used on a standard yellow composite connection.

Is there another option that can accommodate what I am looking for that you know of?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

All of the component to composite converter boxes are over $150 that I found on google. Not worth it.

If you have S-Video: http://www.cputopia.com/vast-9-pin-t...ter-cable.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Kawi2004 (2009-08-18)

We have our apple tv running kinda of ghetto in the garage.
    we have the component cables going into a dvd player, then the standard composite going to the tv.

Time to upgrade that tv to HD!
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!