Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Controlling music from iPhone/iPod while connected to a car head unit.

Default Controlling music from iPhone/iPod while connected to a car head unit.
    Hello,

I always connect my iPhone to my car deck via a dock connector interface. The (Pioneer) logo comes up, my music plays and all is well. However, I would love to be able to control whats playing from my iPhone, not the deck. Does anyone know a method for doing this?

My iPhone is jailbroken. I was thinking there might be an app somewhere that removes this 'locked ipod' mode.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

That's a limitation of the deck, not the phone I'm afraid mate. Only the new range of HUs allow for "two-way" control, where you can control music from both the HU and the iPhone.

For example, the stereo that I really want:

JVC KD-AVX77 DVD Receiver

One of the features is "2-way control for iPod/iPhone". I hit a button on the display and I toggle between control on the HU or iPod/iPhone. Some models even allow simultaneous control, without even needing to hit a toggle button.

Pretty cool, but as you can see, that AVX77 aint cheap!

I have a JVC deck, it's an option in the settings

Quote Originally Posted by DJSMITH View Post
    I have a JVC deck, it's an option in the settings
    Which one do you have mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Which one do you have mate?
    This one:
    JVC Mobile Entertainment \ USB/CD Receiver with Front AUX - KD-R600 \ Introduction

I have a addon to my radio and when I put it on AUX instead of IPOD I can control the music from my iPod instead of the radio. The only downside is I loose the name of the song on the radio.