Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So I just got the Mophie juice pack air

Default So I just got the Mophie juice pack air
    Am I going to regret it when it gets here? I was looking at a few other cases/battery combos and from what i read on here and some other places, mophie was the way to go.. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who has something by mophie who can tell me what to expect!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I just recently bought one as well waiting for it in the mail I also did some searching and read reviews I read a few negative reviews but majority were positive.

I heard cases of people getting dropped calls but I guess we will see what happens when I get mine.

Wow this has got to be some of the fastest turn around for shipping ive had in awhile. I paid for the item 7:00am Friday, it went out 4:30pm Friday night, casually checked the tracking info and it says its out for delivery.. Maybe I'll have it in time for me to go do my stuff today.. But it's probably gotta charge first huh?

Thanks

I have it and love it. The extra batter life if good. It looks nice too. I also have the the incase and that one was too bulky and the real problem that I'm suprised no one has talked about is the bad echoing you get when using the speaker phone. The person on the other end cannot hear you. You will love the juice pack. I know I do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought something similar to the Mophie. It is called fastmac and I got it nearly a year ago. You have the option of using it as a case or you can connect a USB cable to it if you prefer that method. It has the ability to charge the phone from 20% at least two times plus a little extra. I am going to post a review of the Richard Solo direct connect 1800 battery under a new thread.

I have the air! I start the day with it on and use the extra battery first. According to the way the instructions are written I believe that is how it is supposed to be used. Thats why the battery is the same power as the 3gs 1200. If you use your phone battery first and then try and recharge it will only make it to about 80 90 percent because of energy lost in transfer as well as the energy being used just to power the phone while it charges. My air makes it to about 5 6 at night then I still have a full battery on my phone and I can switch cases if I want to.

Thanks

i think i might get because i need a case and my battery always dies really fast and i think this is perfect for me.
    Is it worth it for the price

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kisho View Post
    i think i might get because i need a case and my battery always dies really fast and i think this is perfect for me.
    Is it worth it for the price

if you are a heavy iphone user like myself, then definitely worth it for the price.

im still doing some testing with mine, i dont think i used it/ had it charged the right way. I went unplugged (mophie case and iphone) at about 4:45am today and it seemed like by about 1, my mophie had died and it was on the iphone battery, which still was enough to get me home. I've got it fully charged today though ( all four indicators) and I work a full 12 hour shift so i'll see how this goes, although i may end up turning my phone off as where im at now has a strict no cell phone use on the floor, so it may just be on during breaks... well see how it goes.

If you register your stuff you get a code for 20% i did and they have some nifty holsters i may purchase when they come available. these holsters fit with your mophie case on! so far,i <3 mophie!

Default Be Careful on removal
    I have had the Air for about 1 month now. Be very careful when taking the small top piece off the phone and do not remove it with fingers on each side. When the cover slides up the pressure from your fingers will snap it like a chicken bone. Happened to me and Mophie replaced it. I also use the Mophie battery first and when it dies it switches to the Iphone. My phone gets pretty warm if I do it the other way around. Does anyone else have that problem?

how much was it

Bought mine at the apple store for 79.99. If you dont mind a little bulk I also got the Case Mate Fuel for 52.99 at Cellguru.com - Ringtones Resources and Information.This website is for sale!. With that case it is less protecting,over twice the battery and a built in belt clip.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    im still doing some testing with mine, i dont think i used it/ had it charged the right way. I went unplugged (mophie case and iphone) at about 4:45am today and it seemed like by about 1, my mophie had died and it was on the iphone battery, which still was enough to get me home. I've got it fully charged today though ( all four indicators) and I work a full 12 hour shift so i'll see how this goes, although i may end up turning my phone off as where im at now has a strict no cell phone use on the floor, so it may just be on during breaks... well see how it goes.

If you register your stuff you get a code for 20% i did and they have some nifty holsters i may purchase when they come available. these holsters fit with your mophie case on! so far,i <3 mophie!
    Haywire how'd it go? I'm dying to know

great... but i lost the usb cable so im getting a replacement.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HayWire For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-08-17)

Thanks

Preciate it haywire I think I'll order one tonight and have to sent to my Ma's house so it's there when I get back to NY
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

I emailed them, because now my port to plug the charger into broke.. I hope they replace it with the warranty.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a mophie juice pack air and returned it because it didnt fit my red iphone 3g or maybe because of the zagg shield. I can easily scratch my phone to use that thing. I did some comparing with mophie juice pack and imax power. imax power charges faster than the mophie juice pack.

Mophie cost a lot more than imax power and they are not worth the price. I did a iphone and itouch test on it. Both were about half dead on battery and let it charge without touching it. Within 10 minutes without touching it, imax already done charging my iphone and for mophie, its still charging. After it was done, mophie is half worn out and my imax still power to charge another round.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 2009-08-19 at 12:29 AM.

I've actually given up on the jp air after watching a few vids on youtube.. I got a richard solo 1800 to replace it though, we will see how it goes when it gets here.

Thanks

Appreiciate you keeping us updated I almost picked up the jp air at the apple store in NY last week thought I'D DOUBLE CHECK
    Funny thing is I was think of ordering the Richard Solo after I saw it in the Skymall Mag
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-25 at 11:48 PM.
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The manual states for longer use to have juice pack off and use internal first then turn on air pack. It written in small print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast