Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Agent 18 "clear shield" case for iPhone 3G?

Default Agent 18 "clear shield" case for iPhone 3G?
    This is not really a review but more of a rant-thought it was OK to put here since this forum has to do with cases, etc. If it needs to be moved to the general iPhone forum feel free...

Anyone here got this case lately? I bought it tonight from my local Apple store and I was 'red flagged' on it's appearance but bought it anyways as I've always been a huge fan of their cases...I USE to think they were the best in the industry but I'm starting to change my mind on this.

#1. The packaging of the product doesn't match up to what is online...anywhere! I asked the sales associate are you sure this is authentic? And she assured me it was and said it was probably a new packaging design (I've never seen this design online anywhere-it's clear plastic with a green cardboard inside)...again very strange.

#2. The case design doesn't match up to what's on their website or on youtube reviews. I couldn't see the back of the case because it was covered by the green cardboard inside the packaging. When I got it home I discovered on the back of the case (on the inside) they now have a circle that goes around to show off the Apple logo on the back of the phone...it looks really cheesy and cheap!

#3. There is no universal dock adapter as shown on their site.

#4. There are no 'bumper guards inside the case (back part) as described on their site and on youtube reviews...I could go on and on here but you get the idea.

Lately it seems I've been having major problems with them, nothing I buy matches up to what's on their site anymore. It's very disappointing as I've been a huge fan of theirs but I'm starting to think I'm going to take my business to Griffin, they make the same types of cases Agent 18 does, I'm just tired of dealing with this company.

When trying to contact them they have no phone number, you can only email them and they take days to reply back, this is not convenient for customers at all.

Anyways thanks for listening to my rant and I was just curious if anyone else who buys their products can voice in here and tell me if you are having similar issues with them?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you positive it wasn't a knockoff? either way thats a bummer, I hate wasting money on stuff you are immediately disappointed in.

Default Response from Agent18
    My name is Lydia and I work for Agent18. I recently came across your post on the Agent18 Slim ClearShield that you purchased. First, I am sorry that you are not fully satisfied with the product, but I wanted to take this opportunity to respond to some of the points that you raised.

1. "The packaging does not match what is online"...Agent18 recently debuted our new packaging with the Slim ClearShield product. This new packaging is streamlined to use less plastic and be openable for product testing prior to purchase in retail locations. This packaging is what will be used with all our new products.

2. There were two versions of the ClearShield that were released for the iPhone 3G. The most recent is the Slim ClearShield; which is what would have been purchased at an Apple Store. This was redesigned about 6months ago to be slightly slimmer and more streamlined. It is what is advertised and available on our website. Both versions were available on our website until inventory was exhausted.

3. When the new packaging was released the transition from the dock adapter to the travel stand was made. This is what is advertised on the website: iPhone ClearShield

4. These rubber pads were included in the first release of the ClearShield not the Slim ClearShield. These internal pads are not advertised on our website for the Slim ClearShield.

Once again, I apologize that you are not fully satisfied with your product. We make every effort to respond to every inquiry in a timely manner; however just due to sheer volume it may take a bit longer. If you feel that you are not receiving an appropriate response via email my contact number is available on our website.

I hope that this cleared up some of the issues you were having with this product. If you would like to discuss it further we are always willing to listen to our customers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently bought a different Agent18 product, the slimshield, and I must say, which i voiced via email to the company, that it is total crap. I've had it only 2 weeks and already there is a stress crack (i guess sitting on my desk is stressful) and another corner had broken off (presumably from the same stress as the other side). I switched to this case from InCase, and i have promptly went back to InCase, as their quality is much more superior.

Upon getting the case i noticed it was flimsy, but figured for $40 it must be good quality....WRONG....

Anyways, Just adding to the rant. All in all I would have to say that my experience has shown that the company had poor craftsmanship and excessive prices.

Cheers

This "Lydia" chick is seriously trippin on something!

There is NO contact phone number on their website...PERIOD! In fact if you do a search with "agent18 contact phone number" you will see numerous threads from other websites about complaints from customers who can't get in touch with these folks! Some of them have waited 2 weeks plus just to get a email response out of them...this is ridiculous!

So "Lydia" where is that number again? I see you just created an account on here today to troll post?

Furthermore, I got another order today from Agent18 that is wrong again! I ordered a white case for my first generation iPhone and the back of the case has a cut out in it, yet on their website is shows there is no cut out, it's suppose to be solid!

This just fumes the fires here with me...

UPDATE: I looked on my credit card statement and there is a phone number. I called it and got some chicks voice mail saying "this is so and so leave a message", very unprofessional and unbusiness like! I left a threatining message about reporting them to VISA if my call isn't returned by the end of the business day...they still have like 2 hours out on the west coast.

This indeed is a shady company...I'm really shocked at this.

Oh I forgot to give you guys the number...here it is...310-963-1679
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 2009-08-01 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Anyone here got this case lately? I bought it tonight from my local Apple store and I was 'red flagged' on it's appearance but bought it anyways as I've always been a huge fan of their cases...I USE to think they were the best in the industry but I'm starting to change my mind on this.

#1. The packaging of the product doesn't match up to what is online...anywhere! I asked the sales associate are you sure this is authentic? And she assured me it was and said it was probably a new packaging design (I've never seen this design online anywhere-it's clear plastic with a green cardboard inside)...again very strange.

#2. When I got it home I discovered on the back of the case (on the inside) they now have a circle that goes around to show off the Apple logo on the back of the phone...it looks really cheesy and cheap!

#3. There is no universal dock adapter as shown on their site.

Thanks

Dude, seriously. The *circle around the Apple logo* is an issue for you? I am a picky graphic designer and even I dont care about that. I mean, none of your complaints is even about functional features or use of the product. The packaging is different? Who cares? I threw mine away in about two minutes. And I think I must have three of those universal adapters, they seem to come with everything. And then this woman offers to help--and you tell her she is trippin.

This is actually a nice case, and I am happy with mine. It fits tightly but not so tight that it scratches the phone. It gives a nice grip. It doesn't cover up the beautiful design of the phone. Yeah, dust gets in there but it does with all hard cases, I think. But it hasnt scratched the phone yet. Used with an anti-glare screen protector, my phone feels well protected, and non-bulky.

Anyway, I would recommend it.

How many companies go out of their way to respond to rants on random forums? This alone tells me this company is very serious about customer satisfaction. I've never used an agent18 case, but this thread alone is making me want one.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I still did not get this case but I am looking for it from many days. I don't think you are going to get it from apple store cause I have already visited for this twice. Looking forward to some other places.
    mod/edit links removed

If anyone is in the North East, check out "Five Below". They had crapload of Agent 18 cases for $5.00 Not sure of the model, but it was a 2 piece hard case (shiny black) with dock insert. (Haven't installed it yet).