Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultra-Case Satin has apple shaped logo cutout (not a circle)!

Quote Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
    Ebay item no. please?

Edit: Nevermind. The 5 for 10$ ones arent Ultra case, their just cheap cases from HK.
    the dude above you just confirmed that not only were the ebay cases made in HK, but the Ultra-Case was also. Show's what a name brand does for people...pretty sad if you ask me. He said they were all the SAME quality...i'll take one for 2 bucks rather than 30 bucks, which would you rather have?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^ I already purchased them :P... I would rather save the $$ too.

I also purchased the Rebel Capsule Knock-off's.

Even I would'nt waste 30$ on a name-brand case if a cheaper one looks the same and costs 10 times lesser. Im not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Can anyone confirm this that these ebay cases or Ultra-Case(s) would fit with an invisible shield?

Ultra-Case.com

They dont. Not with the IS Back part atleast. With the front screen guard, ofcourse.

Thanks

i ordered it too. can't go wrong with that price. if i only get a couple months out of one, it's still cheap

I bought the matte black from ultra-case and the apple cut out and the camera cut out were a little low, and not center like in the pictures. It is a nice case though.

Quote Originally Posted by niZmo v2 View Post
    I bought the matte black from ultra-case and the apple cut out and the camera cut out were a little low, and not center like in the pictures. It is a nice case though.
    Wow, i would send that crap back if it didnt fit perfectly. What good is a camera if its covered by the case?

I just received my ebay cases and let me tell you how pleasantly suprised i am by these.

The best way to describe them is a complete copy of the shell of the iphone, but just a snap on to cover an blemishes that your may have already. This case would offer minimal protection from any falls, but i would rather have it in this case if i ever drop it than in no case at all.

the apple logo is practically the exact same as the original, also.

It does have all the standard print but mine is an 8gig and it says 16 gig on all the cases....who cares right?

I got silver black and white all are classy and sleek. The silver is practically white but compared to the actual white you can tell the difference....its not as silvery as i would have liked.

All in all if you like the slim feature of the iphone but want a stylish case with the apple logo (exactly what i have been looking for) then do yourself a favor and spend the 10 bucks for 5 cases!!!! pick your colors too! i may get more colors.
    Last edited by D to the M; 2009-07-07 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@D to the M- do u have a invisible shield? I would like to use one with it

to the other poster which cases r u talking about ultra or eBay case that doesn't fit with them?

@D to the M- do u have a invisible shield? I would like to use one with it

to the other poster which cases r u talking about ultra or eBay case that doesn't fit with them?
    Is invisible shield the one that covers the back and not really the corners?

If it covers the whole device it wont work, actually i doubt if there is any film on the back it will fit correctly but dont quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Wow, i would send that crap back if it didnt fit perfectly. What good is a camera if its covered by the case?

I just received my ebay cases and let me tell you how pleasantly suprised i am by these.

The best way to describe them is a complete copy of the shell of the iphone, but just a snap on to cover an blemishes that your may have already. This case would offer minimal protection from any falls, but i would rather have it in this case if i ever drop it than in no case at all.

the apple logo is practically the exact same as the original, also.

It does have all the standard print but mine is an 8gig and it says 16 gig on all the cases....who cares right?

I got silver black and white all are classy and sleek. The silver is practically white but compared to the actual white you can tell the difference....its not as silvery as i would have liked.

All in all if you like the slim feature of the iphone but want a stylish case with the apple logo (exactly what i have been looking for) then do yourself a favor and spend the 10 bucks for 5 cases!!!! pick your colors too! i may get more colors.
    It's just not low enough to effect the camera. But if you look at the back of it you can tell that the cutouts are wrong.

If anyone wants to put a bodyguard then put the ultra-case on it just doesn't go on. It is just to tight to go over the corners without peeling off the shield. I tried for a while and couldn't get it.

Thanks for further clarifying looks like I won't be getting one then

ive used those invisible shield things, they really are crap.

any lint will end up sticking to the borders of the film and if anything is hard enough to actually move the film then you got that mark there forever and have to replace it. i would never get one again.

alrigth well i cracked my ebay case trying to remove it. and the white one i ordered doesnt fit well.

how are the satin ones? are they easy to take off?

Hi All,Im new here and a new iphone 3GS (1st iphone ever) user but I came across this site searching for info on cases and this site looks cool so I registered so I can can share my experience to you guys that Ive had so far.

I always hated cases on my cell phones but I knew right away I was gonna have to get one for my sensitive iphone.And let me tell you,you can spend some money before you find a good one.

You gotta be carfeull with these cases and really find out what they are made of cause not all plastic is created equal.You really want you plastic shell to be made of "Poly Carbonate" Plastic (I believe its called.And heres why:
    I bought my 1st case from case mate off amazon.com and I noticed it just said "impact resistant plastic" sounds good right?But they dont tell you that it will block you cell reception.where I live my reception is bad enough and I lost another 2 bars with this case.
    This is the case I got but it seems they took off the bad reviews about the reception:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Case-Mate-Barely-iPhone-Metallic-Silver/dp/B0028LVSW8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1247352412&sr=1-11he]Amazon.com: Case-Mate Barely There Case for Apple iPhone 3G, 3G S (Metallic Silver): Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

I ended up buying this case from UltraCase with the apple logo cutout and this case is waaay better.Looks nice and no more reception blocking problems.They even tell you on the site that its made from polycarbonate plastic.

As far as those cheap ebay cases,they do look nice but 1st: I didnt see anywhere where you can choose you colors (I could be wrong) and 2nd: they say its made of "Hard Plastic".So with that alone and the cheap price I wouldnt trust it.If you bought it already,maybe you can give us some feed back on you recpetion with the case on.

Overall I would recomend Ultracase.Im gonna buy a black Sateen one cause its matt and not glossy which will help with the grip.I have a black glossy one now but will probably give that to a friend when I get the other one.

Sorry for the long post but Hope I helped in some way :-)

What's Jailbreak? Thegrassbends's Avatar
    Thanks
    I found another "brand" name case with two versions of apple-shaped cutouts. Kinda cute. Some of them cover more of the bezel than others.

Darius iPhone 3G Cases

They even have a Solar Portable Power Station for sale. Interesting.

I received my 3GS the other day. I currently have a skin on it, but haven't decided on which case to put it in. Hmmm.

Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by Thegrassbends View Post
    I found another "brand" name case with two versions of apple-shaped cutouts. Kinda cute. Some of them cover more of the bezel than others.

Darius iPhone 3G Cases

I received my 3GS the other day. I currently have a skin on it, but haven't decided on which case to put it in. Hmmm.

Shelly
    Do you have a skin on the front and back? Let me know which fits with with a nice looking shield, preferably a cut out one =]

Quote Originally Posted by Thegrassbends View Post

Darius iPhone 3G Cases

Shelly
    I would make sure these are Polycarbanate plastic or it could block your reception.I didnt see that on the site.

What's Jailbreak? Thegrassbends's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do you have a skin on the front and back? Let me know which fits with with a nice looking shield, preferably a cut out one =]
    I've got a skin on the front and the back. I still haven't ordered any of the apple-shaped cutout cases. We put the full skinned phone inside the Candy Shell case and the phone protrudes more at the bottom of the phone from the case - but the case's edges stick out farther than the phone on all sides. We didn't try inserting the plug into the phone though - it might not fit. Next time we do it, we'll tell you if it works.

Shelly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12