Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Invisible Shield + Barely There Case, or any case for that matter!?

What's Jailbreak? Thegrassbends's Avatar
    Thanks
    Question Invisible Shield + Barely There Case, or any case for that matter!?
    Has anyone tried using an invisible shield or any type of body skin on their iPhone 3G with a Case Mate Barely There case, Incipio Feather case, Seidio Innocase II? I'm extremely paranoid about damaging my iPhone in any way. I see a note by Case Mate not to use a body skin with a Barely There case, but not that it can't be done. Obviously I'm worried it won't look quite right.....

Anyone have any ideas, or tried this at home?

Thanks.

Shelly

P.S. I don't want to get an otterbox. :-P
    Last edited by Thegrassbends; 2009-06-22 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks

well i have the invisible shield and the griffin wave and it works great. dont know about case mate though
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to use a body skin with an ultra slim case. This is one instance where size does matter.

Shelly

Thanks
    Considering the Neo.

Thanks

Invisible Shields are amazing really good product. I have had one since i have had my iPhone, and it is scratch-less

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a white featherlite case on my new iPhone and I think its really awesome. Its just looks like the back of the phone and it protects it pretty well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know from experience that the Incase Slider and Seidio Innocase II are not going to work with a shield of any sort.

-TiNB

Zagg's Invisishield is our BEST selling attachment at Best Buy Mobile. I can honestly say we put it on 99% of all iPhones sold!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoBall View Post
    I know from experience that the Incase Slider and Seidio Innocase II are not going to work with a shield of any sort.

-TiNB
    I have the invisible shield and the Seidio Innocase II and they work great together. What I did was put on the case for about a week to kind of loosen it up then when I put my phone in there I lifted the sides while sliding it in and it didn't lift up the shield. I am also able to take out and put it back in. I like that combo!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 3gsmorena For This Useful Post:

Thegrassbends (2009-06-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm using an invisible shield with my Switcheasy Capsule Neo, and if anything it makes it fit better as well as protect the phone from scratches from the case. It's nice.
    I have the same combo on my iPhone

but the invisible shield is a pain to put on, as i'm sure you've heard. but i must say it was well worth it
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I use Bodyguardz... but am having problems with the edges peeling off.

Sad, I have invested in three boxes (each has two full sets). The first two boxes, I screwed up the application but on the third box, I got it right... but it just started to peel after 2 months.

i use the one the mall sells...
    1.1.3 JAIlbrken

ATT locked

Summerboard help

Thanks

i got invisible shield yesterday, jesus christ is it hard to put on.
    I was almost out of that spray solution by the time i finished the back, and then i had to shave off some of the edges near the bezzle to make it flat. but in the end i'm pretty happy with it. nice feel, you can't really see it.

I'm not really a fan of the screen protector for it.. around the Home button it gets really dirty, and it's hard to clean, unlike the ones they sell at apple.
    but its a great product..

if i have to get my 3gs replaced.. and do this all over again.. i'm going to kill myself

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've picked up a Speck Candyshell and an Incipio Feather. BSE's are on the way. I'll let you know how it goes.

Here are some photos for comparison.

-TiNB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -candyshell-feather-back.jpg   -candyshell-feather-front.jpg   -candyshell-feather-detail.jpg  
    Last edited by ThereIsNoBall; 2009-06-27 at 06:38 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThereIsNoBall For This Useful Post:

Thegrassbends (2009-06-28)

I use the case mate barely there with the back part of invisible shield and it works great!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickswagger For This Useful Post:

Thegrassbends (2009-06-28), ThereIsNoBall (2009-06-28)

Thanks

You have to be very careful when trying to put a case over an invisible shield. Especially with any kind of slider case. You might get it to slide in but with the extra thickness and grip the material provides you probably wont get it out. Ive heard several horror stories of people putting cases over this product and not being able to get it out without damaging either the case or the phone. Just be care with the type of case you try.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All right. Reporting back after using the Speck Candyshell and Incipio Feather with the BSE (Front and Back).

My assessment is a qualified "OK."

Qualifications:
    1. You are VERY careful / OCD type persistence putting the case on.
    2. You do NOT plan to change cases often, if ever.

The cases fit and look fine. The Candyshell you wouldn't even know it's there.

In the Feather the coverage for the exposed bottom is welcome. However, the BSE is thick enough that phone rises above the edge of the case so the screen juts out a bit. It was originally flush with the front of the phone.

Both cases are very very tight with the skins and putting them on or taking them off putts a lot of stress on the corners and edges.

So, if you're going to do it. Put the skin on. Wait a couple DAYS for it to completely dry. Put the case on very carefully. Don't take it off. You're good to go!

That's my take.

-Terry

What is you snapped the phone into the feather case before the InvisibleShield of BSE had dried...would it mold better and make removal easier?

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have invisible shield on my iphone 2G, ever since it was installed, it didnt fit my slim fit case from grffin, so now im either switching from my pouch case or to my iskin revo 2 case, any pouch or silicon case will do, but with hard shell cases especially slider cases, chances are your iShield would be damaged.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    What is you snapped the phone into the feather case before the InvisibleShield of BSE had dried...would it mold better and make removal easier?
    I don't think so. If the shield was still wet, there would be no way the shield would stay in place while the case was being put on.

-TiNB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast