Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.4

Default Upgrade 1.0.x to 1.1.4
    Hello !
    Here is my problem : I own an iPhone for 6 months now and it's running on version 1.0.2 (1C28) of the firmware ( jailbroken ). I didn't do an upgrade because of the unstable unlocking software and sincerely I didn't want to spend a lot of time restoring what worked fine in the first place.
    I have now noticed that Zibri released the ZiPhone 2.5 ( that many say that it works perfectly ), but the software only works with versions from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 .
    Here is the big question: Can I do a restore of the 1.1.1 on my Iphone, then a restore of the 1.1.4 ( or straight 1.1.4 ) and run ZiPhone to "do it's thing" or do I have to go thru the elaborate process of virginizing, upgradeing and/or downgrading ( and so on ) thru all the versions of software ?

If the direct firmware upgrade ( 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 ) isn't possible, please point me out some tutorials that cover all the process.

Thanks to all from the modmyfone.com comunity !

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

DON'T USE ZIPHONE, it will eventually **** up your iPhone, it does NOT work perfectly, use iJailBreak or iNdependence instead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

first off this is not the correct fourm section by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    DON'T USE ZIPHONE, it will eventually **** up your iPhone, it does NOT work perfectly, use iJailBreak or iNdependence instead.
    and what are you talking about??? haha
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

i am thinking to do an upgrade on my 1.0.2 phone straight to 1.1.4, but i need a confirmation on someone successfully done it... (with which tool? mac/windows?)
    perhaps you can post the steps here...

thanks a lot..