Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DO NOT buy the "more-thing" cases!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default DO NOT buy the "more-thing" cases!!!!!!!!!
    Noel Collection (incl. Mirror Protector) [ AP05-021 ]

I purchased one of these cases about 6-8 weeks ago. To the cases defense, its a sweet looking case that is pretty unique. After putting it on I noticed around 95% of the time I could not even get 1 bar of service at my residence. It was extremely frustrating to have No Service at home. I figured there was an ongoing issue with a tower near my location or something. I decided to take the case off yesterday to clean the phone at home, and not even 10 seconds after the case came off I went from No Service to 3/5 bars of service. I couldn't believe it I thought it was a fluke, so i went into my living room only to gain another bar and hold at 4/5 bars. Thats showing me the case was blocking between 60-80% of the phones reception. Now everywhere I go im seeing 4+ bars instead of the 1-2 i usually got from t-mobile with the case on.
    On top of that the mirror screen protector that came with the case is junk, the quality of the mirror finish is so poor that a misplaced tap results in scratches from even someone's fingernails, and then the front of the phone looks horrible.

For the price of around $40 shipped, its a complete rip-off and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have spent $15 on it when I could go get a cheap gel-skin (and I hate gel skins) and at least would know im going to get reception.

[/rant]

Hopefully this can help people narrow down their choices on what case they want to end up with.
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kutrackkid For This Useful Post:

ghostryderflhx (2009-05-02), soto806 (2009-04-30)

Thanks

my friend has one of these.
    I'll be to tell him before he buys anymore[he wants the whole set]
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend ordered the pink Noel case and is working fine with her 8GB Iphone 3g Tmobile. It depends on your area maybe. I was thinking of getting one myself since is pretty.

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

they look nice..how easily can you slide yourphone in your pocket with the case on? I have a silicone case right now and its really difficult.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. I tried her phone with the case on. Is smooth and shiny. I tried to put her phone on my back pocket and it slides in smoothy. Well, if you want to give a new look for your iphone, i will highly recommend it because that case gives a lot of attention especially in the bus.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Funny.

Because my gf's Rouge Noel is doing fine. Its definitely one of the best looking cases and its taken quite a bit of abuse. Her phone has gone through quite a few drops.

I got it for a bit of a discount, but 30$ for the case + mirror protector is a sweet deal.

You do need to keep the brightness high, but thats expected with all mirror protectors.

Also, its almost impossible for a plastic case to affect your signal reception in any way possible. It defies the laws of physics.
    Last edited by Ad1tya; 2009-05-02 at 09:52 AM.

I have one and it works perfectly my reception is always perfect

I got the Silver Noel More Case with the Reflective Screen.
    The Bars show full on but the GPS does not find me...When doing a route.
    The calls were dropped repeatedly within the same call.
    The refelective screen causes the mute button to randomly activate. So As yo r talking the mute comes on.
    I thought it was the case. not until the screen was removed did it go away.
    I have the 16gb 3GS
    Do not BUY this one.

Thanks

its looks nice but for the price its not worth it.

I am a reseller for them. The cases have a lifetime warranty on them and you should be able to get a refund. Who did you buy from?

I have never had a customer report to me that they lost reception while using this case, and I've sold several dozen of them seeing as I am the only US-based reseller of these cases.
    http://www.caseify.com
    Premium Cases for the iPhone 3G/3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice bike OP. Is that a 1000 or a 600