Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola S9-HD,A2DP, How good it is ?

Question Motorola S9-HD,A2DP, How good it is ?
    Hi i saw the review of S9-HD A2dp , Its amazing A2DP, but not sure about the mic quality in it !, If any of u guys have any idea about it please let me know . I am seriously considering this product to purchase but not sure about the quality of the mic !
    review links:-
    Motorola S9-HD stereo Bluetooth headphones review (page 2)
    Motorola S9-HD Review - Treonauts

thankyou!

not as good as an iphone

I have the s9's and they are great for music. Never really use the mic except for online gaming. It's actually pretty decent. I mean it's not as good as lots of the dedicated headsets, but it gets the job done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

Do u know if they sell the TX seperate from the cheap *** headphones or is it just a combo? Would be nice to buy the tranmitter solo then go shopping for headphones... only makes sence if you are looking for the 'best'...hhmmhmmm AD2P streamed sound u buy a transmiter then go listen to a bunch of muffs.

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    not as good as an iphone
    high five!

Which A2DP Dongle have you used / would recommend? I have Moto S9 & Jabra BT 8010

Quote Originally Posted by vishisback View Post
    Hi i saw the review of S9-HD A2dp , Its amazing A2DP, but not sure about the mic quality in it !, If any of u guys have any idea about it please let me know . I am seriously considering this product to purchase but not sure about the quality of the mic !
    review links:-
    Motorola S9-HD stereo Bluetooth headphones review (page 2)
    Motorola S9-HD Review - Treonauts

thankyou!
    Moto S9-HD is awesome! I've used it on every HTC or smartphone with A2DP and sound quality is superb. Far better than the older S9. Conversation in both ears as opposed to the older S9 (mono). Music is where you'll notice the difference. Much deeper bass and crisp highs. Only thing that bugs me is the bulky backing. Gets heavy on the ear after all day usage. When used with Windows Mobile phones its a 9.5 out of 10 (I dinged the .5 for the form factor.)

When used with iPhone (currently without A2DP support - read my other message regarding FW 3.0 with A2DP) its a 6 out of 10 cause you lose all of its unique functionalities. Its just a heavyweight joint-stereo (mono in both ears) bluetooth headset. I'd stick with the Jawbone2 for just phone functionality of bluetooth. Wait till Apple gets A2DP cleaned up and get an S9 HD for your music. Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have the s9-hd and it works well with 3.0. The sound is great and they last real long on a charge. ^Right now the volume and the play/pause buttons work but the skipping buttons do not work. I had it working with a sony dongle before upgrading to 3.0

i have the s9's, you guys think it is worth updating to the 3.0 beta to use them with the iphone, or to just wait for the release?

Upgrade, its nice being able to use the a2dp.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (2009-05-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

its awesome

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (2009-05-11)

Doesnt have the A2DP upgrade for 2G iPhones. Not fair.

Default S9-HD Headphone are HORRIBLE!
    DO NOT BUY! ZERO STARS!

In fact I would give it negative one star. That's right it owes me a star.

They work just barely OK for the iPhone but anything else and they are horrible. They have a serious problem staying paired with anything. If you walk into a store with other people with iPhones it will drop pair every 5 seconds or so. If you use it in your own home with a Mac computer (I have a 2009 Mini, 2004 Power Mac, and 2009 MacBook Pro) it drops connection constantly even if you turn off all other bluetooth devices.

Same thing with the PS3 except once it drops the pair with the PS3 it never comes back and you have to exit your game to get your audio device back.

I should have known better when the instructions tell you to put it on by holding it upside down at eye level, moving it towards your face till it reaches your ears, then rotate it over your head till it's in the back of your head. Clearly the person that wrote that has never even used the damn thing as they do not FIT over you head. all you have to do is just hold them right side up at the back of your head and move them forward till they are in your ears. Stupid tiny headed people.

Again DO NOT BUY THESE! THEY DO NOT WORK!

I heard they were okay. I myself have an altec lansing backbeat. It's okay I don't think it would be good as the s9-HD

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    DO NOT BUY! ZERO STARS!

In fact I would give it negative one star. That's right it owes me a star.

They work just barely OK for the iPhone but anything else and they are horrible. They have a serious problem staying paired with anything. If you walk into a store with other people with iPhones it will drop pair every 5 seconds or so. If you use it in your own home with a Mac computer (I have a 2009 Mini, 2004 Power Mac, and 2009 MacBook Pro) it drops connection constantly even if you turn off all other bluetooth devices.

Same thing with the PS3 except once it drops the pair with the PS3 it never comes back and you have to exit your game to get your audio device back.

I should have known better when the instructions tell you to put it on by holding it upside down at eye level, moving it towards your face till it reaches your ears, then rotate it over your head till it's in the back of your head. Clearly the person that wrote that has never even used the damn thing as they do not FIT over you head. all you have to do is just hold them right side up at the back of your head and move them forward till they are in your ears. Stupid tiny headed people.

Again DO NOT BUY THESE! THEY DO NOT WORK!

Soooo.... im confused.

Are you saying i should get these or not?

it works great with my iphone 3gs. only thing i missing it the rewind and forwarding that all.

buy it you wont be sorry. its easy to pair even a blind man can pair it.

I had a pair for a short while, then returned them. The sound is great but I hated the form factor. I ended up going with the Sony HBH-DS980 stereo Bluetooth headset. Sound is not quite as good as the S9 - but its still pretty damn good. The best part about it is the OLED on the lanyard that brings up Contact information and Caller ID. Worked best for me.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9