Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Play Iphone's Music By Cigarette Lighter ?

Default Play Iphone's Music By Cigarette Lighter ?
    Is There Anything That Can Make That Happen

What do you mean?

In the auto I'm sure. But do you want to play it over FM? AUX? what?

The easiest route would be AUX (If you have a cassette tape deck or AUX in port). They have those available for iPod/iPhone.

iLounge review of AUX iPod/iPhone accessories

Or there is FM. This is pretty easy too. (I currently am attempting FM, as my tape deck is 15 yrs old...)

iLounge Reviews of FM Transmitters

What I currently use (and recommend): Belkin TuneBase FM for iPod and iPhone
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want to charge it, by all means, there is nothing stopping you. If you are wanting to just plug it in the cigarette lighter and hear it through your speakers... there is no way to do that. All the lighter port supplies is power. As Imahotguy said, you can do an aux in, fm transmitter, or even a tape deck aux in, but simply charging it with the cigarette lighter won;t make it play on your stereo any more than charging it with a wall charget will.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings