Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iphone bluetooth speaker

Default 3g iphone bluetooth speaker
    Ok

i am looking for a decent bluetooth external speaker i can travel with.

I have purchased the infinxx bluetooth adaptor.

I am considering the parrot black edition or the altec sound blade.

There seems to be alot of mixed impressions.

Give me yours.

Paul

I should also add that i bought the soundmatters bluetooth speaker.

It was amazing until you had any bass material and all the speaker did was distort and vibrate with any volume increase. The speaker had 1 inch drivers and imo if they could come out with 2 or 3 inch " fox xl it would be a winner.

Any suggestions?

Update here.

I have decided to purchase the Bluant M1 speaker. Its 2.1 with 28 watts of power, integrated rechargeable battery and of course a2dp. Its supposed to achieve an acceptable volume and bass without distortion. Lastly, it comes with a nice travel case and a 2year warranty. Price was only $99 on sale.

I will let you know my impressions at the end of the week.

Cheers
    Last edited by LEGAL; 2009-02-23 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LEGAL

Thanks

Post your thoughts on the Bluant M1, I'd like to get something like this as well.

Its confusing out there right?

I will post my objective findings.

Paul
    LEGAL

OK

Got the unit last night and have had some prelminary impressions.

Packaging is great. The unit comes shipped inside the neoprene case which is very impressive. The long tubular shape will slide right into your luggage.

Firstly, i tried the unit with the included 3.5 jack. Sound was impressive. there is a very good crossover that routes the bass to the small sub and leaves the rest for the other 2 channels eliminating the bass distortion I have experienced on every other portable package. The unit has a very good range, although I had to pump up the iphones treble to get the best range. The volume is impressive and the unit plays as loud as you could expect from a speaker this size , easily filling a medium sized room. The speaker has a open bass port in the back that enables alot more bass when placed about 3" from a wall.

Secondly, I tried the infinxx a2dp adapter. At first it took a while to pair but when it paired the sound was impressive, and the about 5 minutes into the song it went silent. Repaired ....5 minutes later silent. It seems the adapter is very buggy. I didnt have the energy to mess with it anymore and its probably going back. There is a sony unit that I might try, but I am going to wait and see if the next software update cures this anomoly and includes ad2p.

Anyway, the Bluant M1 is a definate keeper. At 99 bucks from Mobile City it is quite a bargain and I am very happy with the quality of design, materials and sound.

Hope this review helps.

Paul
    LEGAL