Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: rechargable iphone 3g/4th gen ipod docking station?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default rechargable iphone 3g/4th gen ipod docking station?
    just got my wife the new ipod and i have the 3g. wondering the best possible solution (inexpensive) to being able to plug it into the wall all day long. also would be nice to be able to take it outside while we wash the dogs or something. wash the cars... maybe i am looking for something that would require batteries and that isn't rechargeable. not sure, thats why i am here. i would like this to cost less than 100 bucks, not sure if they make any of them that are compadiable with the new apple products though. i see them in walgreens and stuff, with batteries type going for 40 bucks or so. i know they wouldnt charge while i was playing so i didnt bother..

thanks!

Thanks

have you taken your medication today, sir?
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

haha.. why you say that? i am assuming i typed something wrong here... looking for a docking station with speakers to fit what we have??? better?? lol, what did i say?

the one we have now will play her 4th gen ipod but not charge... it puts my iphone 3g into airplane mode.

i am looking for alternatives. not just one item... i know the iHome works.. but it is only one option i have right now. looking for others....

i would like something like this that will work off of batteries or have a built in battery that would recharge...
    Last edited by tha5150; 2009-02-18 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

when you plug it in say no to the popup

it wont put into airplane mode then you can play your music\

they do infact have these that are registered with apple so that they work with iphones

the reason they dont work most of the time is they didnt register it so apple doesnt get their royalty therefore they dont let the device be compatible

Thanks

so wait, i got the "no to airplane mode" part. but what do you mean they have these that are registered?

this is the one i have now it will not charge either of our devices. is there a way around this to let it charge or something?

no when the company builds the accessory they have to register it with apple so that apple gets their royalty check

you just bought one that happens to not be apple certified so charge=maybe or maybe not... luck of the draw

you got shot first!!

Thanks

sucks...

so is there something out there thats rechargeable or something??

no i would buy another one from apple if you really want

Thanks

but my question is.... is there a product out there that uses a rechargable battery??? so if i want to bring it outside for an hour while i was my cars and then go back in and plug it in to recharge and play at the same time..