Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: car transmitter/charger - does this exist?!

Default car transmitter/charger - does this exist?!
    Hi all, when I am driving along listening to my iphone 3g in my FM transmitter and I lose 3g reception I get huge amount of interference coming through my radio speakers.

Seeing as my iphone is useless and I keep losing 3g (thats another story...) I am constantly having to cover my iphone with my hand when it interferes with the radio. This helps but does not mute it totally.

Does there exist a cradle/charger/transmitter that runs off of the cigarette lighter but has some sort of protection against this interference? Or do I have to try and find a sheet of lead and put it inbetween my phone and my car radio!!

Thanks

Try DLO. I have one for my truck and sounds great
    DLO | In the Car

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

something probably cheaper, would be from canada.
    really!
    there's a product called the iPhone complete from Canada Drive Safe
    Canada Drive Safe - iPhone COMPLETE Hands-Free & FM Transmitter
    I bought it and am using it all the time. great product.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like you have a crappy 3g/car radio
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the radio was the standard piece of crap that came in my volkswagen and i would certainly agree with the crappy 3g thing.

I am taking my phone back unless someone can let me know of a transmitter that has some sort of protection against this...

Simtech and BoneCrif do you mind turning your 3g off for a moment and seeing if you get interference on your radio?

Alternatively I might get a standard phone holder and try to hide a charging/transmitter cable in my dashboard so i can mount the phone far enough away from my radio.

Any more ideas on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

my 2G phone used to interfere but not the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    my 2G phone used to interfere but not the 3G.

yeah i think thats the problem, it only interferes when i lose 3g which technically turns it into a 2g iphone...

Trouble is if i send it off the first thing they'll do is restore it to official 2.2.1 meaning i can never unlock Im not sure if its worth taking that hit to stop this constantly annoying interference

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting... I use my in my girlfriend 99 VW Jetta and have no such issues... it sits right above the radio in a little cubby (where optional popout cup holders go)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

The problem is the cradle i bought from ebay has the average sort of length goose neck (about 8 inches)so I can not get the phone far enough away from the factory fitted head unit.

I have read elsewhere that low levels of insulation in VW standard radios make this a relatively common problem. Although obviously not for you, you lucky swine!

ive decided i might try to get a wireless transmitter with a long cable (1m?) and the tuning controls on the actual cigarette lighter point. Therefore I can tuck the cable in my dashboard over to the other side of the wheel where I can have a holder holding the phone. if that makes sense...

does anyone know of a transmitter that has a long cable and the tuning controls on the actual cigarette lighter point?

Cheers