Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best case for 2G?

Thanks
    Default Best case for 2G?
    So I was looking at the Capsule Rebel by SwitchEasy (Welcome to SwitchEasy) and it's totally sexy but I just realized it's for a 3G iPhone. Can anyone point me in the direction of a case for the 2G?

Yeah go to this link Innocase II Surface, Black

I actually used this case with the holster for my 2G...U can purchase the combo. I absolutely loved it. They redesigned the case for the 3G with the Apple logo visible from the back and I don't like it as much.

Or you could check out the Incase Slider series of cases. I have the incase slider white for my 2G and I absolutely LOVE it. Wouldn't trade it for the world and many agree it's a brilliant case. Anyways, the site is Incase: A better experience through good design.. Enjoy!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There are quite a few great cases for the 3g but unfortunately the 2g got left behind. I would say an incase slider with a screen protector is your best bet.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

serch eBay for 'iPhone magic change case' They look great and are really cheap. I have 3 now in different colors and its the only case that I have used for more than a day. (I dont like cases) Ive been using them for a few weeks now, and I dont even notice Im using a case.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

most of those magic change cases are from hongkong and if your in america, it takes like 3 weeks to get the darn thing. i waited 3+ weeks just for a screen protector. just so you know.

i use the white agent18 case, have since january07 and never bought another case since.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

They do take a while.... I am still waiting on 2 more. But for 6 bucks, Ill wait. Thre red looks great too. From a couple feet away it looks just like cpjr's project red 3G.

Thanks
    Do you recommend getting a screen protector as well as a case? And if so, any recommendations?

Thanks

YES! get a screen protector! I like the anti-glare, but yes, it does take away from some of the sharpness of the screen... but no more finger prints, its worth it to me.

Thanks
    So any I should take a particular look at?

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Incase slider all the way.....

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Incase slider all the way.....
    +1

is there any way to put a 3g case like the capsule rebel on the 2g? even tough its a 3g case.

^^ I'm sure you could stuff it in there. but its not recommended. Cases are cheap compared to replacing the iPhone. I would just pick up a new one. Then sell the old one here after you get 31 posts

I was just wondering if it would potentially fit right, it wouldn't be right at all?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooinakan View Post
    So I was looking at the Capsule Rebel by SwitchEasy (Welcome to SwitchEasy) and it's totally sexy but I just realized it's for a 3G iPhone. Can anyone point me in the direction of a case for the 2G?

Sure, here it is for the 2g iPhone.
    I just bought one last month on eBay for $21 shipped.

Thanks
    I'm thinking the Slider now (Incase Slider Case for iPhone (White) - Apple Store (U.S.)) but I'm not sure what kind of screen protector to get. Recommendations? I don't want to sacrifice any visual quality or sensitivity.

Edit: I just bought the case at apsprostore.com for 31.94 shipped (2-3 day USPS shipping). Now all I need is a screen protector.
    Last edited by mooinakan; 2009-02-08 at 12:38 AM.

you should probably get the invisible shield

Quote Originally Posted by mooinakan View Post
    I'm thinking the Slider now (Incase Slider Case for iPhone (White) - Apple Store (U.S.)) but I'm not sure what kind of screen protector to get. Recommendations? I don't want to sacrifice any visual quality or sensitivity.

Edit: I just bought the case at apsprostore.com for 31.94 shipped (2-3 day USPS shipping). Now all I need is a screen protector.
    Have you had success finding a screen protector that fits with the incase slider? (without modification or trimming?)

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Have you had success finding a screen protector that fits with the incase slider? (without modification or trimming?)
    I have the incase for my 1st generation iPhone and for my 3G and I use a screen protector for both..... I use the ones on Apples site..... the matte finish ones... you just have to know how to put the case on with the screen protector in place... it is really easy to do..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast