Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best case for 2G?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I have the incase for my 1st generation iPhone and for my 3G and I use a screen protector for both..... I use the ones on Apples site..... the matte finish ones... you just have to know how to put the case on with the screen protector in place... it is really easy to do..
    Are you referring to the Power Support Anti-Glare Film for the iPhone 2G? I believe that is the one the Apple store sells. I haven't tried that one but I've gone through 3 screen protectors so far and had to trim each one to fit with the Incase Slider.

What is the trick to putting on the case with the screen protector in place? It would be great info for OP as well as myself.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Are you referring to the Power Support Anti-Glare Film for the iPhone 2G? I believe that is the one the Apple store sells. I haven't tried that one but I've gone through 3 screen protectors so far and had to trim each one to fit with the Incase Slider.

What is the trick to putting on the case with the screen protector in place? It would be great info for OP as well as myself.
    Yes I bought the one from Apple.... the anti-glare is really nice but it will cause your screen to look a little gritty..... quote! I said a little.....

for the 2G I did not have any problems using the screen protector with the white incase slider... BUT I did for my 3G and the Monochrome case from incase...

I put the screen protector on and then put on the case.... I did get a little tiny air bubble in the left hand corner of the screen protector... once the screen protector was on and the phone was in the case I applied a little bit of pressure to that area and tried to pull the phone away from that area while in the case to release the pressure on that corner of the screen protector and it worked....

Note: I did not have to cut the screen protector of either phone to get it to work with either incase slider I am using at this time.... also I bought the ones from Apple and I will admit I love them and won't use anything else.... real easy to apply and are nice.... I did try others and will not buy anything but the ones from Apple from now on...

Hope this helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

theSavant (2009-02-20)

That's a good bit of info. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Incase works for me!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but i figured it'll be better than to open a new thread. Although i am very satisfied with my white Incase Slider case for my 2G iphone, i am getting bored with it. I would like to venture from the hard plastic to a more grip friendly silicone case or silicone/hard plastic hybrid case (similar to switcheasy rebel/ incipio silicrylic). The 2G case of the silicrylic is not as nice as the 3G version, so incipio is out of the question... and as for the rebel, well they simply don't make it for the 2G.

So my question is, who here has found that perfect silicone case. That quality case where it does not sag, get stretched out after multiple removals, edges flip/ catch easily, or is too incredibly bulky.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12