Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where can I purchase a new back and antenna?

Default Where can I purchase a new back and antenna?
    I know this question has been asked a dozen times. I cant locate a good place that sells REAL OEM parts. I looked on Ebay all I can see is those Aftermarket Chinese made parts. They are very poorly constructed. Either they don't fit properly or they care missing parts.I have a 1st generation 16gb. The antenna piece is cracked and the back is pretty dented. Can anyone help? Atleast point me in the right direction.

Try checking Cellular Accessories - NEC, BlackBerry, Nokia, Dopod/O2, BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, LG, 3G, Motorola, Micro to see if they carry the parts you may need. I've ordered a few things from them (for my old Motorola phone though, not the iPhone) and I'd say they're pretty good quality. Give it a try

ebay, but look for OEM parts only.

^Yup. You can find OEM on ebay.

Or rapidrepair.com has them, but your gonna pay.

Thanks

My back on my 1st iphone is horrible and the antennae piece. I ordered from ebay the antenna piece and it came with the tools to pull it off so it looks the same and is a perfectly brand new. I think i will order a new silver back but my understanding is they come stamped with 8GB which is ok for me an my 4GB iphone LOL My idea is to get both parts then buy a brand new Zagg shield and install to protect and keep my iphone pristine.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 2009-02-06 at 03:29 AM.