Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Griffin AirCurve

Thanks

Default Griffin AirCurve
    So this looks kinda cool. Sorta reminds me of the internals of a Bose wave radio. What do you all think? Any body plan on picking one up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -aircurve_1-1-.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I plan on getting one when they come out. They seem like a nice alternative to the apple dock.

looks alright but wouldnt buy it.. my stock iphone dock does the job just fine

Thanks

I just ordered one online. I should receive it Saturday. I will let you all know how it is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dieburnbot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian_frs View Post
    I just ordered one online. I should receive it Saturday. I will let you all know how it is.
    I ordered one last night, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm looking forward to reading your review if you plan on coming back here. I haven't been able to find any reviews for it on the internet, most of them are just announcement type articles. I did an impulse buy anyway, because I need a dock and that one looks pretty cool even if it doesn't work like they say it does.

Some more pics attached to my post that I got from iLounge.

Last edited by dieburnbot; 2008-10-20 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks

So my AirCurve was supposed to arrive Saturday and it just got here today so this review is a little behind when I wanted to post it. I have been playing with it ever since I got home from work and I have to say its pretty cool. It actually does multiply the sound out of your iPhones speaker. 10 Decibels might be stretching it but its loud enough now for me to hear on the other half of my apartment clearly. Speaker phone was a little funny because I could not be heard by the other party that well. I have yet to test the alarm since I didnít wake up in the morning to it yet but if the music playing is any hint to how loud this gets when the alarm goes off I think it will wake just about everyone. I love the design of this thing and it seems well constructed, but that doesnít matter since itís just going to sit on most peoples night stands. This dock isnít all good though. There are a few things I did not like about it. For one the dock pieces that are used to fit your phone are made of rubber instead of a hard plastic which takes some of the support away from your phone. Also the routing is horrible. The cable just doesnít want to stay and you can not just simple plug and unplug your phone like the Apple dock and other 3rd party docks. To unplug your phone you have to pull the cable out a little bit so you can pull it out of the phone. Other then that Itís a great dock and a a great cheaper option then the Apple dock. I give it a 4 out of 5. Hope this helps some of you trying to decide if you want one or not.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ian_frs For This Useful Post:

dieburnbot (2008-10-22), Taniban (2008-10-22)

Thanks

So my AirCurve was supposed to arrive Saturday and it just got here today so this review is a little behind when I wanted to post it. I have been playing with it ever since I got home from work and I have to say its pretty cool. It actually does multiply the sound out of your iPhones speaker. 10 Decibels might be stretching it but its loud enough now for me to hear on the other half of my apartment clearly. Speaker phone was a little funny because I could not be heard by the other party that well. I have yet to test the alarm since I didnít wake up in the morning to it yet but if the music playing is any hint to how loud this gets when the alarm goes off I think it will wake just about everyone. I love the design of this thing and it seems well constructed, but that doesnít matter since itís just going to sit on most peoples night stands. This dock isnít all good though. There are a few things I did not like about it. For one the dock pieces that are used to fit your phone are made of rubber instead of a hard plastic which takes some of the support away from your phone. Also the routing is horrible. The cable just doesnít want to stay and you can not just simple plug and unplug your phone like the Apple dock and other 3rd party docks. To unplug your phone you have to pull the cable out a little bit so you can pull it out of the phone. Other then that Itís a great dock and a a great cheaper option then the Apple dock. I give it a 4 out of 5. Hope this helps some of you trying to decide if you want one or not.
    Thanks for the review. Did you order yours from griffintechnology.com? If you did can you please tell me how long it took for them to ship you yours. I ordered mine on the 20th of October and it still hasn't shipped. They sent me a order confirmation letter, but that is all I have gotten from them. They ahven't charged my credit card yet either.

I will write a review in this post as well as soon as I get mine.

Thanks

Yes I did order it from Griffin's website. I ordered last Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday and got here yesterday.

Thanks

Yes I did order it from Griffin's website. I ordered last Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday and got here yesterday.
    Did they send you a notice of shipment and did their website show that the item had shipped? Thanks for your help.

Thanks

looks nice and that review helped. i might have to invest in this when i get paid next week.

Thanks

I received an e-mail with a tracking number right when they shipped it. You might want to call them and make sure all is well with your order. Glad I could help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ian_frs For This Useful Post:

dma550 (2010-03-05)

Thanks

I finally got mine. The reason they weren't sending me emails was because they don't send status emails to aol.com addresses and that is what I use for stores and crap. hehe

Anyway I posted a new thread and put my review in there as I wanted to make sure everyone was able to find it since there aren't too many reviews out there on this product. I have pics and a video, you can read it in this thread:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/accesso...ml#post2525911
    Last edited by dieburnbot; 2008-10-25 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like a nice product but i like my iphone dock just fine. if someone steals my 3 docks, then i would just have to invest in one of these. lol. thanks for the review.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN