Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 2g Major Case Issue

Default iPod Touch 2g Major Case Issue
    I just bought a new one today and i am terrified to take it out of the box without having a case and/or screen protector. Anyone know when or at least around when these will be coming out. Also are there any cases out now that would fit it until i got a new one. I spoke with an apple representative and he told me a incase slider would fit it but that doesnt make to much sense to me. Please help and answer quick as my iPod is just sitting there laughing at me.

Edit:
    i just realized this is the iphone forum. can someone move it to the ipod forum...thanks.
    Last edited by ezbaiby; 2008-09-16 at 06:00 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

In case slider IS one of the best looking cases.

I have an iPhone, and Ive tried a bunch of different cases, but I usually take them off after a minute or two. Apple made these things sleek and slim, and It doesnt feel right to bulk it up with a hunk of plastic. I am using the Anti-Glare screen protector from Apple, but the back is naked, and I think its much better that way. Im just careful with it, and so far so good, no major scratches.

knock on wood
    Last edited by Chefanim; 2008-09-16 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol gotcha but i am a complete freak when it comes even to a fingerprint on my ipod so if its even possible i would put the invisible shield on and then cover it with a case...i just get really protective of my ipod....which is funny cuz my laptop is one of the most dented and scratched up thinks ive ever seen....maybe someone wants to sponsor a mac for this pc hater????!!!!!!!

Thanks

Just go for an incase and a screen protector and you'll be fine. Thats probably the best way to keep as close to the original shape as possible. Of course if you want a thick plastic thing, you could always trade it in for a Zune

ahhh heresy how dare u say that.lol yeah i think im gonna go with the incase

Thanks

Do what you will.... but as for me I like my gadgets how I like my women....

NAKED
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Youve got a case for it already - just check your sock drawer for the one that doesnt have a match.

i was thinking about that but could it scratch the screen or back?

Thanks

major issue? Yeah, right!

Thanks

as long as there are no rocks in your socks you should be ok
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

yes it is a major issue and im not sure why i asked that i dont have rocks in my socks though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the answer...put it inside a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by odie209 View Post
    i have the answer...put it inside a condom.
    vibrating, flavor, lubricated, or magnum?

here is a nice case from griffin
    Griffin Technology: Nu Form

i've also talk to switcheasy, and they said the case will come out in 2 weeks. my guess is that all 2g itouch cases are coming out early oct.

i think apple should just make theyre own cases and let them out the same day as the ipod

And require us to pay, most likely, upwards of $40 for a case? I'd def not want that. They charge $50 for cables, another $50 for a dock (with remote), and $30 for the iPhone 3G dock. They are ridiculous, we are already paying for the stinkin' iPod/iPhone, but now they want to sell us the accessories... I'll pass.

Back on topic, I'd suggest going with a BSE or InvisibleShield + Silicone. Also, wait and see what SwitchEasy has to offer for the 2G iPT. I have the CapsuleRebel for my 3G, and it is seriously t!ts.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

well i was thinking more like getting a independent contractor to make and sell it but theyd have some sort of agreement not to let out specifications which is why i think they still didnt let any cases out yet

right now my plan is to get invisible shield and cover it with something{plastic,crystal,silicone etc} but i will be looking for switcheasy{btw whats BSE}

And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!