Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: speakerphone through car stereo via cassette adapter

Default speakerphone through car stereo via cassette adapter
    I have an Iphone 3G, that I keep in the car. I'd like to hear voice through the car speakers, and I've tried connecting a cassette adapter to the iphone through the 3.5mm headphone jack, but there is random echo that occurs on the callers end when I do this (the caller can hear themselves speaking). In order to prevent the echo (and to try to make things as wireless as possible) I've considered speakerphones as an alternative, but I'd still prefer to use the car speakers if possible. Also, the cars are a 2000 Expedition and a 2002 Altima, and I'd prefer to avoid expensive harnesses, if possible. I'm not sure if the 3G can stream music to a bluetooth device, and it really isn't that important to me. I also don't really need to have music fade when a call comes in.

I was just wondering if there is such a thing as a bluetooth receiver with a mic, or a speakphone with audio output (3.5mm or RCA) that could be connected to a cassette adapter so that I could hear voice over the car speakers without using the 3.5mm jack on the iphone.

I have an aux input in my 2006 Honda si and I can accept calls and hear the caller through my speakers and they say they can hear me fine, but I have to turn the volume to a lower level due to feedback. If you dont have a aux input in your vehicle then maybe something like this would work for you.
    Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Car Kit for iPhone 3G, iPhone - Phone different Store

Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth Car Kit for iPhone 3G, iPhone - Phone different Store

Motorola EQ5 Wireless Travel Stereo Speaker for iPhone 3G, iPhone - the iPhone blog store

those and many more to look through. just google iphone car bluetooth
    If I helped, you can thank me... or not

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I also have access to the car stereo; one car through a cassette adapter, and one is hardwired with an aux-in line. What I'd like to do is to take advantage of either one of these (without using a harness) to receive voice calls from the iphone, without plugging the lines directly to the phone. Ie. What I'm looking for is some sort of bluetooth receiver (whether speakerphone or otherwise) that will receive calls from the phone, but which also has an audio-out connector (3.5mm or RCA) that I can plug either the cassette adapter or the aux-in line into, so that the voice will be transferred to the car speakers, while still utilizing the bluetooth devices echo-suppression microphone.

I'd just plug the aux-in line or cassette adapter directly into the phone, but I'm getting echo during calls.

The options that you mention, I've seen, but I believe that they either don't have audio-out, or use harnesses which involve the purchase of additional custom cables.

I use the JVC KD-AVXX in my car. And the Bluetooth system is built right into the stereo(including mic). Works wonders I also opted in with the apple composite av cable, and it plays my muisc and videos right on the deck. I payed 300 for it. Not the cheapest solution but works great