Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Painting Your Iphone?

Thanks
    Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by unlockme View Post
    doesn't powder coating involve heat that could possibly melt plastic? And isn't it only for metals?
    ya that's what i was thinking. if u find out a way to powder coat plastic lemme know. and send me pics of u melting.. i mean powder coating the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayson View Post
    ya that's what i was thinking. if u find out a way to powder coat plastic lemme know. and send me pics of u melting.. i mean powder coating the back.
    As far as the plastic goes, they make low temp curing powder. It will cure ~ 180 degrees (F), which is low enough for most plastics.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    As far as the plastic goes, they make low temp curing powder. It will cure ~ 180 degrees (F), which is low enough for most plastics.
    Wow... Learn something new everyday...

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

just tell me where i can buy the paint my cell don't have warranty anymore so i want it pink lol! I'm sick of cases!
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ PReCioSa Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There are colors available for coloring your iphone body. Those colors are made to color plastic materials and really lasts for long. It is better not to use car paints or other paints on the skin.
    mod/edit links removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm gimme a site with them
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ PReCioSa Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    There are colors available for coloring your iphone body. Those colors are made to color plastic materials and really lasts for long. It is better not to use car paints or other paints on the skin.
    Can i get a link too? I'm thinking about painting my 3G too.

You can also get one of the ClearCoat or WrapSol skins and paint on top of that rather than directly on the phone. If I were you, I would get an IaPeel skin, and use my inkjet printer do rest. If you want to waterproof it, just use of the spray-on coating, used by print shops, to seal it.

i wanna paint mine haha

Thanks

Even if you have lo temp cure powder coat I thought it had to be metal cause the process uses an electrical charge to attract the powder coat? Or not

what about going to a vinyl shop and getting a bit of vinyl cut and used as a wrap ;-) colour of your choice like a invishield

Nobody checked out the products from Iapeel? Those guys are really cool. I saw them at CES where they demonstrated their stuff, with a lot of folks surrounding them. There was one dude, a blogger I think, that had this massive tattoo on his entire right arm. The guys at iapeel took a digital camera and took a snapshot of his tattoo and then instantly created an iPhone skin for the guy. Wow, he went nuts. If you are interested in painting your iPhone (I can't really understand why you would), you should definitely give iapeel a look. I haven't used one, but it looked cool enough at the CES booth. Come back and give a review of it if you do give it a try.

Never done.
    Um,can't choose one bluetooth headphone between those two. One has longer Standby Time. Another one is cheaper and Wireless.
    I want to have a substantial one for daily call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12