Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: *NEW* Incase Slider Case Pictures and Review

  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by anthongy817 View Post
    I've had mine for a week and have not received any scratches at all. I don't see how the iphone can get any scratches unless you are taking the case off quite frequently.

    In any case, after a weeks experience with this incase case, it is much, much better than the Agent 18 case, which scratched up the bezel and back plate of my iphone.

    well my bezel is scratched up and i do not take the case on and off....i do constantly throw it in my pants pocket and with everyday use you are bound to have dirt accumulate inside the case around the edges where the bezel is.....if not cleaned every other day it will definatly scratch up the bezel...now in my opinion i think it inevitable...if u want to bezel to be scratch free then leave the iphone in the box and never use it..lol....because that type of metal will always scratch

    by the way....dont u find it funny how most employees at the apple store who have iphones claim that the agent 18 hard case is the best one and how they praise to buy it....but yet its the one that scratches up ur iphone more.....well at least tends to from what i have seen on freinds iphpnes
    Last edited by BigE2333; 2008-03-11 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #22
    Default Help a Canadian
    This case looks sweet...I need to get it, but unfortunately I can't find it in Canada.

    Any one want to be my best friend and ship one to me. I'll pay you PayPal upfront. PM me to be my hero.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts

    I have had this case on my phone for 2 weeks now and not a scratch on it. Granted this was the first time I took the case off since I put it on. But before I put the case on my phone I made sure that I cleaned all of the dirt off so it could not scratch in the process of putting the case on.

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    I just got a black one and it is great....everyone that see's it thinks its a new type of iphone....until they look a little closer. Not hard to hold on to, but the finger prints, smears, and smudges do tend to add up. But it looks great.

  5. #25
    iPod Touch Junkie iFilipino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ModMyI Forums
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 104 Times in 81 Posts

    Those look nice. Looks like the Switcheasy Capsule iPhone/Touch. http://www.switcheasy.com
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 31 Posts

    Does this case absorb shock? It looks like it would keep the phone from getting scratched/scuffed but like it would beat the heck out of it if you were to drop it on to a hard surface.

  7. #27
    I had this case, I returned it and got the Seidio Innocase.

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 31 Posts

    I got this today. Absolutely love it! I had the DLO Holster for a long time, but I got bored with it and it was getting scuffed up pretty bad. Then I got the Speck Toughskin but I took it back because the clip was annoying and it was really bulky. Then I got the Agent 18, but it just doesn't look that good being that the phone is glossy and the case is matte. So finally I went to get a slider incase (I live in Dallas area) and I went to two different Apple stores in the area. Both were sold out of black, and only had white. I came down to San Antonio today for spring break and had a chance to stop at Barton Creek mall in Austin, where they had ONE black slider incase case left. Which is protecting my precious iPhone. I also bought the crystal film set screen protectors but I'm taking them back because I don't have enough patience to install them perfectly, and I'm a perfectionist so less than perfect would drive me nuts. I'll upload some pics of mine since it's black later this week. Definitely recommend this case.

  9. #29
    This case looks fantastical. I was wondering how difficult it is to remove the bottom piece for docking? Does removing just the bottom piece cause any scratches, because I would be doing so every night to put it in the dock? Thanks!

  10. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    I got it in black and I LOVE IT!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE2333 View Post
    well my bezel is scratched up and i do not take the case on and off....i do constantly throw it in my pants pocket and with everyday use you are bound to have dirt accumulate inside the case around the edges where the bezel is.....if not cleaned every other day it will definatly scratch up the bezel...now in my opinion i think it inevitable...if u want to bezel to be scratch free then leave the iphone in the box and never use it..lol....because that type of metal will always scratch

    by the way....dont u find it funny how most employees at the apple store who have iphones claim that the agent 18 hard case is the best one and how they praise to buy it....but yet its the one that scratches up ur iphone more.....well at least tends to from what i have seen on freinds iphpnes
    I too throw it into my pocket everyday. The thing is that it has two rubber strips on the back that prevents the phone from moving within the case, if nothing moves, then there should be no scratches. Either that, or I just have cleaner pockets than you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    Does this case absorb shock? It looks like it would keep the phone from getting scratched/scuffed but like it would beat the heck out of it if you were to drop it on to a hard surface.
    As long as the phone does not move within the case, then no, it will be hard to get a scratch on it. I have already dropped my phone in the street once with the case (flew out of my pocket when I got out of the car). It impacted on the bottom right corner of the phone, it left small indentions into the case, but no damage to the phone at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    I got this today. Absolutely love it! I had the DLO Holster for a long time, but I got bored with it and it was getting scuffed up pretty bad. Then I got the Speck Toughskin but I took it back because the clip was annoying and it was really bulky. Then I got the Agent 18, but it just doesn't look that good being that the phone is glossy and the case is matte. So finally I went to get a slider incase (I live in Dallas area) and I went to two different Apple stores in the area. Both were sold out of black, and only had white. I came down to San Antonio today for spring break and had a chance to stop at Barton Creek mall in Austin, where they had ONE black slider incase case left. Which is protecting my precious iPhone. I also bought the crystal film set screen protectors but I'm taking them back because I don't have enough patience to install them perfectly, and I'm a perfectionist so less than perfect would drive me nuts. I'll upload some pics of mine since it's black later this week. Definitely recommend this case.
    Have you tried the anti-glare screen protector? I have a naturally oily face, and the anti-glare protector is perfect. If you are bad at putting on the screen protector, then ask a Apple Store employee to put it on for you (make sure that the person is experience and good at putting it on though).

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirstyTurtle View Post
    This case looks fantastical. I was wondering how difficult it is to remove the bottom piece for docking? Does removing just the bottom piece cause any scratches, because I would be doing so every night to put it in the dock? Thanks!
    Taking it off for the first time was a pain in the ***, but now it is very easy to be taken off with a little pressure. Taking off the bottom piece could cause scratches, ultimately depends on how much crap has accumulated within the case. If you clean the corners of the case every time you take it off, then I doubt you will have a problem at all.

  12. #32
    I just got this case in white and I absolutely love the look of it !! very chic.. much better than my agent 18 bulky thing..

    PROBLEM though: is there a possibiltiy that the case is too tight?!! Everytime i put it on FOR some reason the phone assumes it is in headphone mode !! and I cannot get it to switch to normal mode unless I take the case off
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

  13. #33
    Hmm, that's really strange. Try plugging in your headphones, then putting it in the case (pull the cord the hole before plugging it in), then try unplugging the headphones and see if it stays in headphone mode.

  14. #34
    yeah i tried that it doesn't work i'm just trying to loosen it by sliding the iphone in and out hope it works cuz the cover is so cool
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

  15. #35
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sd
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts

    seems way similiar to the agent18 case, they look really nice and provide good protection from dropping it. but way bulky, and picks up dust inside that causes scratches.

    invisible shield for me still, maybe not shock proof, but adds so much grip i can't drop it.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

    waitin on my white iphone 4

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHK View Post
    yeah i tried that it doesn't work i'm just trying to loosen it by sliding the iphone in and out hope it works cuz the cover is so cool
    that's so strange, I'm not sure what the problem could be, especially since I don't have my case yet. I'll let you know once I get mine if I have any other ideas.

  17. #37
    Thanks.. I figured out that behind the iphone, where the headphone jack is, if I press firmly on it, the phone goes into the headphone mode (I know this by raising the volume and it now says ringer (headphone) ). Some people have suggested that the jack might be dirty but I tried cleaning it with no go.. I don't think the problem was caused by the case but I discovered it by putting on the tight case.
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

  18. #38
    That's incredibly strange, has anyone else had this problem? That's a pretty big issue if it's somewhat common. Have you discovered a way to fix it yet? Take it to the Apple Store and if it's still doing it, they'll probably replace the case, if that doesn't help, I bet they'd replace your phone.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThirstyTurtle For This Useful Post:

    TheHK (2008-03-27)

  20. #39
    Thanks for your replies ThirstyTurtle, I don't want to hijack this thread with my problem but now the phone is permanently stuck in that mode even without the case the problem is that I do not live in the US and have unlocked the phone.. I have an expensive touch now i'm thinking of offering $150 to someone who would be willing to go to an apple store and get it replaced somehow

    BUT AS FOR THIS THREAD, the case looks amazing !!
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

  21. #40
    I just picked up the Slider case today at the Apple Store, in white. They're hard to find, I went to the one in Raleigh, NC and they didn't have ANY, and hadn't had any. The one in Chapel Hill, NC had only one, and it was white, and it's exactly what I wanted.

    I've read a couple reviews on here and other locations online suggesting that the case is too tight and the the bottom piece is difficult to remove. I don't find either of these to be true. The phone slides in at the perfect amount of ease. It's definitely very snug, just right, but you don't have to work to get it in, just a nice firm push gets it in, but it won't be coming out accidentally, that's for sure. As for the bottom piece, I dock my phone every night for charging and I have found that it comes off fairly easily, but certainly not so easy that it would ever come off or loosen itself. Again, just a nice firm pull and it will slide off very nicely. It's a beautiful case all around and haven't found a thing I don't like about it. Not bulky, very gorgeous!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •