Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incase Slider 3g

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i've had my case for a day and a half and so far no problems. i had to remove my invisible shield as it wouldn't slide on with the shield on the phone but as soon as i removed it, the matted black case slid on perfectly and no problems since. if i encounter any issues i'll report back. i am liking this one the best so far

forget the haters.....I love my black matte 3g incase!!!

I used to have a silicone case and it stuck to my pocket so bad I hated it. After that I got the Agent 18 (1st gen iphone days) and it was great but too slippery.

I think the incase black matte is perfect, it doesn't stick to my pocket like the silicone, but just a litte which is what you would expect from the rubberized coating. It adds just a bit of grip to the phone which is exactly what I wanted.

I guess its reallly all personal prefernce, I didn't like the glossy incase, too slippery.

I've had the black incase slider for at least a month and I love it. No peeling, doesn't show finger prints. Looks great. Wouldn't trade it for anything

Quote Originally Posted by msc1974 View Post
    from reading numerous posts both here and on other sites it seems to be down to cheap manufacturing and I for one won't be buying anything from InCase as it seems the problem is so prolific with the entire range they make.
    Not sure what "numerous posts" you read, but one in particular that I read had a quote from an Incase rep that indicated that certain white iPhones were mistakenly manufactured at a slightly different thickness, causing fit problems. As for other defects, there have been some reports of peeling matte finishes, and reports that Incase has replaced those cases quickly. Not sure what you mean about the "entire range they make"...if you mean every notebook case, every ipod case, every bag, I assert you are just spreading your own bias as fact and that you have no personal experience with anything they make.

Man I hate people who bash things they know nothing about.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    Not sure what "numerous posts" you read, but one in particular that I read had a quote from an Incase rep that indicated that certain white iPhones were mistakenly manufactured at a slightly different thickness, causing fit problems. As for other defects, there have been some reports of peeling matte finishes, and reports that Incase has replaced those cases quickly. Not sure what you mean about the "entire range they make"...if you mean every notebook case, every ipod case, every bag, I assert you are just spreading your own bias as fact and that you have no personal experience with anything they make.

I bought a incase slider for a gift (she requested an incase slider) from my local Apple (authorized) store not long after they came out and with in a couple of days it started to peel really badly... that doesn't really look good when you buy a present and the thing starts to fall apart. I apologized to my friend and said I'd sort it out... After a 30 minute drive and apology from the Apple rep I drove home and gave my friend her new (2nd) incase slider case... 3 days later it happened again... I apologized to my friend and said I'd sort it out again... After another 30 minute drive and another apology from the Apple rep I drove home and gave my friend her new (3rd) incase slider case... This one I admit was a little better... it lasted a whole 4 days before peeling....I apologized to my friend and said I'd sort it out again... After yet another 30 minute drive and this time an in-depth conversation with store manager I found out that his store had had 'MANY' people coming in and wanting to replace there incase cases... he mentioned during our conversation (45mins or so) that issues varied from cases not fitting, cases peeling and general dissatisfaction about the overall quality of the cases and he thought this could be down to manufacturing issues an the 'rush to market' attitude that some of the case companies (including incase) seem to have. They are so busy trying to be the first to cash in on the average joe that they loose sight of the real reason they make cases... to protect the product inside.

My real reason in posting was to make the point "Why should you have to return any case" what's wrong with buying a product that just works... you say incase "replaced those cases quickly"... so that makes it ok that they are making a quick $ out of unlucky customers like me and from what I hear many others also. Its NOT ok to make shoddy rubbish and expect people to take it. maybe you can afford to throw money away or maybe your just incredibly blinkered to issues outside your world. As for your finishing comment;
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    Take a chill pill!

BTW... do you work for InCase?

Just in case anybody is interested... because of the repeated issues she/I had with the case she gave up with incase and bought another brand. Which coincidentally she still has and is working great.

Almost forgot... here are some of the "numerous posts"

Here: Incase slider matte.....no go! [Archive] - Mac Forums
    And here: iPhone Slider Case - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
    And here: Incase 3g Slider Matte Black Deterioration - Mac Forums
    And here: Will Apple replace Incase Slider Case - Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More
    Last edited by msc1974; 2008-09-28 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't wait to get this case in Gunmetal.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayR_The_DJ View Post
    I can't wait to get this case in Gunmetal.
    I have this case in gunmetal!

The case is great, it fits snug-

Ive removed it over a dozen times and it leaves no scratches on the back at all.
    No Dust gets inside at all!
    This is a GREAT CASE.
    I too looked at the wall of cases for a while, compaired alot and finally landed on this one.

I also have anti-glare film set by power support on my phone which eliminates finger prints and smudges also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo_101008_001.jpg   -photo_101008_003.jpg   -photo_101008_002.jpg  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i just got the gunmetal one today. saw the pictures and couldn't resist. i love the color but i do like the feel of the black matte one better...and not sure if you noticed but there's a little line between the sleep/wake button and the headphone jack (right in the middle of the two)...it's really just due to molding but it bugs me.

anyways, back to the feel. i do feel like this one would slide out of my hand whereas with the black one i have a good grip...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    i just got the gunmetal one today. saw the pictures and couldn't resist. i love the color but i do like the feel of the black matte one better...and not sure if you noticed but there's a little line between the sleep/wake button and the headphone jack (right in the middle of the two)...it's really just due to molding but it bugs me.

anyways, back to the feel. i do feel like this one would slide out of my hand whereas with the black one i have a good grip...
    Ive had probally about a dozen hard/rubberized cases over the years on my Treo's and my biggest complaints are the lint that gets stuck and the fact that its a Pain in the butt to pull the phone out of ur pocket in a hurry if its ringing.

and the line btw .. is obviously the seam in the mold and it runs true along the whole case all the way around-
    Last edited by Carrbone; 2008-10-16 at 02:51 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hum i actually do not have a lint problem with the black case (someone else asked me the same thing) and it's never a problem with jean pockets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12