Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *iPhone in car set-up question

Try an auto sensing fm "modulator". They are way more effective and better sounding that any "transmitter".

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Houls View Post
    I use this Belkin set up with my AUX port in my 4Runner. I can speak on the phone hands free through the built in mic and car speakers, ipod music or streaming through the speakers is perfect, and it also turns landscape when I'm using the Navigon app on my phone. $69.99 at BestBuy

Belkin : TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free
    Ive got this same one, I love it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Sony MEX-BT3700 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I don't get it. You get yourself a $200.00-$300.00 phone. Search for cases and buy Apps like they're goin outta style, and when it comes to bringin' it into the car you want wires dangling and lousy FM transmitter sound? Yer makin calls from your cup holders? Not fer nothin' but those Belkins and Griffins go for almost half what you paid for the iPhone!!!

Break down and get this......

Sony MEX-BT3700

Works flawlessly with my 3GS. Bluetooth pairing is automatic and immediate (seconds) after pairing for the first time. After pairing and while streaming wirelessly go ahead and plug in that USB to charge and control your iPhone through the radio as well as see the track being played. Call comes in, the radio mutes and you hear the ring over your speakers. Press the control to answer/hang up. Gotta make a call? Voice command and your radio connects. Built in mic is great but they're tossin' in an external for nothing.

I maxed this radio out with the SiriusConnect™ tuner and adapter package for Sony. (dumped my old plug and play) and yeah..... I'm loving that feature too! 18 FM and 18 SIRI presets along with my iPhone tunes and I can drive to Australia without running out of fresh music!

Setup was a breeze even with my hitching up the Satellite Radio Package and Crutchfield Customer Service was very helpful with confirming my wiring hook up.

Oh, and get a ProClip. Get that $200.00-$300.00 phone outta the cup holder.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SinceOS7 For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SinceOS7 View Post
    Sony MEX-BT3700 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I don't get it. You get yourself a $200.00-$300.00 phone. Search for cases and buy Apps like they're goin outta style, and when it comes to bringin' it into the car you want wires dangling and lousy FM transmitter sound? Yer makin calls from your cup holders? Not fer nothin' but those Belkins and Griffins go for almost half what you paid for the iPhone!!!

Break down and get this......

Sony MEX-BT3700

Works flawlessly with my 3GS. Bluetooth pairing is automatic and immediate (seconds) after pairing for the first time. After pairing and while streaming wirelessly go ahead and plug in that USB to charge and control your iPhone through the radio as well as see the track being played. Call comes in, the radio mutes and you hear the ring over your speakers. Press the control to answer/hang up. Gotta make a call? Voice command and your radio connects. Built in mic is great but they're tossin' in an external for nothing.

I maxed this radio out with the SiriusConnect™ tuner and adapter package for Sony. (dumped my old plug and play) and yeah..... I'm loving that feature too! 18 FM and 18 SIRI presets along with my iPhone tunes and I can drive to Australia without running out of fresh music!

Setup was a breeze even with my hitching up the Satellite Radio Package and Crutchfield Customer Service was very helpful with confirming my wiring hook up.

Oh, and get a ProClip. Get that $200.00-$300.00 phone outta the cup holder.
    I don't disagree with ya at all what I'm looking for is the best option those crappy transmitter cost just as much as the good ones so I want to know what people think personally I hate a bunch f cables hangin around but again I want good quality and sadly when you go to crutchfield or the store everything looks really cool but no idea how good it will be and what rally killsme is when things have good reviews because they're shiny and bad reviews because you didn't install it right or it was delayed shipping or UPS dropped it arrrgh
    so Thanks for that detailed answer because now I have a good frame to work off of. BTW I PAYED OVER $500 each FOR TWO PHONES so ya can be damned sure I want the best option

"BTW I PAYED OVER $500 each FOR TWO PHONES so ya can be damned sure I want the best option"

I'm glad you felt my review of the Sony MEX-BT3700U useful but to be honest ANY Bluetooth (built in) head unit would be the ultimate compliment when bringing the phone in to the car. Hands-Free talk is a pure delight and it's just a matter of time before your state outlaws cell phone handling while driving (if they haven't already). The front USB will charge the iPhone in a pinch but for the most part I simply stream the music wirelessly.

I chose the Sony because it had great reviews, decent price, and seemed to have all the same features as the more expensive Bluetooth model head-units. No sense in paying more when the major quality of sound is it the speakers. (that's next!).

Here's a C-Net Video review of the Sony Mex. Sony MEX-BT3700U first look (video) | CES 2009 - CNET Blogs ( I've had it installed for about a month and the features have become quite simple to navigate ) *That Zappin technology is sweet and this thing even comes with a remote!

Oh and the ProClip. Simply the best cradle I've come across. Don't really need the vehicle specific mount as you can use those Scotch 'Dual Lock Reclosable' Fasteners. Beats velcro to a pulp. No jiggle.

Good luck with your search
    Last edited by SinceOS7; 2009-08-12 at 12:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12