Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Iphone S-Video out!

Default 3G Iphone S-Video out!
    Not sure if this has already been figured out, or maybe it is useless so no one cares, but i figured i would share it anyway...

I still had one of these old Universal Docks with the S-Video Out on it, and decided to see if it would work with my 3G Iphone...

i plugged it in and it said this accessory is not meant for the iphone blah blah blah

i proceeded to play a video and it poped a box and said display on TV? i clicked yes, and voila... i had video going out via the S-Video connector on the back of my Dock.

-enjoy

can you post a link to the item you have? how much does it go for?

Waht kind of device is it? Like an Ilive?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

This isnt new. I have my RGB connectors still from the first gen iPhone. Yes works as well with the 3G to. Its only 50$ for S-Video or RGB out and apple sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post
    This isnt new. I have my RGB connectors still from the first gen iPhone. Yes works as well with the 3G to. Its only 50$ for S-Video or RGB out and apple sells them.
    Dude, you misunderstood what the OP was saying. They said that they took an OLD Universal dock (with the S-Video port on it) and tried it with the iPhone 3G, and reported success. Not the fact that the iPhone can output video, but that it can on an old dock.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post

LMFAO @ only $50.

i had a problem trying to view a video on the tv. on an older ipod i used a video headphone jack (3 rca out red, white audio, yellow video).
    this didn't work on my iphone4 or my girlfriends ipod touch. i then put it in a dock with svideo out and it didn't work either. reqding up on the internet, you muat now use a dock or cable from apple to view it.

looking at the pinout of the iphone connector, there is a pin that you hook different resistors to so
    the phone will know what is hooked up
    to it.
    is it possible to make an older dock work with video by putting the correct resistor in?