Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REVIEW] Contour Showcase for iPhone

Default [REVIEW] Contour Showcase for iPhone
    This is a review of the Contour Showcase for the iPhone. It retails for about $34.95 at the Apple store.

My Initial Reaction:
    I thought it was BULKY, also thought the clear back was ugly. The clear areas on the front of the case didn't agree with me either.

Inserting the iPhone:
    opening this case is a bit of hassle. It's a split open but required a bit of force to get it to separate. This is even more difficult once there is an iPhone in there. Feels like you're going to rip it apart.

It's also a very tight fit. I was concerned that I'd be scratching my iPhone. After inserting and removing a few times, I eventually did see a small mark near the black area on the back of the phone. Not a huge deal, but still.

After some use:
    One great thing about this case is the rubber material. It's got grip, makes the phone easy to hold (vs. I found the iPhone very slippery to hold). It's heavy, some dust gets in the case so you'll have to clean it out every once in a while. Some of the buttons (ie. extreme left and right of the keyboard, the external ALLMUTE button on the side, power) are difficult to reach. This case DOES impede your access to the phone.

I would definitely suggest using a clear screen protector like the one from Crystal at the Apple store with this case.

Overall:
    It's a nice case, I got some use out of mine. However, it's not slim, adds some bulk to the phone, doesn't really win any awards for looks despite its name. However, it does its job and non slip material is fantastic.

Other notes:
    This comes with a belt holster that doubles as a stand in landscape mode.

Here's link to pictures
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/newthre...newthread&f=11
    Last edited by happysmp; 2007-12-29 at 06:23 PM.

Link leads to 'create a new topic' lol...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I owned one of these iPhone cases for a few weeks. Initially it seemed like a great design for my needs; and in the past decade I've generally been quite happy with Contour products.

Then a couple weeks ago, the locking mechanism for the belt clip loosened. The iPhone won't stay at the same angle with respect to my belt - instead it flops around. For me, this renders the case useless. I don't want my iPhone's longest axis vertical when I'm trying to crouch or climb!

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but ... does anyone know how to tighten the locking mechanism on this case?

I own this case now and i hate it i cant open my dock with the case on and i also cant close it completely for some reason the case doesnt lock in to the joint's completely definately a rip off for 35 bucks.