Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Screen Protector Bubbles

  1. #1
    Default Screen Protector Bubbles
    My screen protector has bubbles between it and the actually screen. Anyone know the easiest way to remove these bubbles. It looks like dust and dirt but I'm not sure.

    Griffon iClear

    Thanks in advance
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

  2. #2
    I would try removing the screen protector and cleaning your screen with the soft cloth that came with your phone. Do the same with the screen protector then replace it. Some screen protectors require you to use a credit card over the protector to force the bubbles out.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers!
    BeerMan

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 31 Posts

    Don't use a screen protector. They are a scam; the iPhone is unscratchable.

    PC World Did A Review On This called the Stress Test:

    http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html

  4. #4
    i have a nice big scratch that would seem to disagree with you

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    Don't use a screen protector. They are a scam; the iPhone is unscratchable.

    PC World Did A Review On This called the Stress Test:

    http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html

    While that review looked good I know 2 people that have scratched screens on there iphones and are not to happy about it. Personally I'll be keeping my screen protector on.

    Cheers!
    BeerMan

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    i have a nice big scratch that would seem to disagree with you
    That doesn't disagree with me or the video. That just makes us wonder wtf you were doing with your iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    While that review looked good I know 2 people that have scratched screens on there iphones and are not to happy about it. Personally I'll be keeping my screen protector on.

    Cheers!
    How did they do it? I have swiped a key across mine a few times just because of what I saw on that video and it didn't scratch. It seems like to me you'd have to take it rockclimbing or something to scratch. It could be cracks, from dropping it maybe? IDK I had a screen protector on mine for about 5 minutes and couldn't stand it, and then my friend showed me this video. I just don't see how you could scratch it unless you took a diamond ring across the front of it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    How did they do it? I have swiped a key across mine a few times just because of what I saw on that video and it didn't scratch. It seems like to me you'd have to take it rockclimbing or something to scratch. It could be cracks, from dropping it maybe? IDK I had a screen protector on mine for about 5 minutes and couldn't stand it, and then my friend showed me this video. I just don't see how you could scratch it unless you took a diamond ring across the front of it.
    I work construction and that is a bad environment for anything electronic that you carry..ie: phones, ipods, just to name a few. The one guy dropped his phone while on top of a 12foot ladder into a pile of gravel. The other guy is not sure how he scratched it but thinks it's from putting tools in his back pocket were he keeps his phone. It could have been from a screwdriver or razor knife or who knows what.

    I asked him why in the hell would you do that with your phone, your just asking for trouble...he doesn't do it anymore.

    As far as screen protectors go I use a Luxmo and it works great. It's very clear and the phone reacts to your finger touch just like it would without a screen protector on. I also use a Speck ToughSkin heavy duty rubber case for my phone. It is a very nice case for the environment I work in.

    I would prefer not to use either but my job kinda demands it and I don't want to screw up my $400 phone.

    Cheers!
    BeerMan

  8. #8
    Use a credit card and push them out. You need to use a lil bit of force.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •