Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset (yet another review)

Thanks

Default Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset (yet another review)
    Got it today, and have used it a couple time already. Let me say this: I am very impressed with it.

Pros:
    • Call quality and clarity is superb.
    • In-ear fit is excellent.
    • It's very small and unobtrusive, you can barely tell I'm wearing it.
    • Battry level showing on the iPhone is very nice.
    • Dock for charging also charges the iPhone, which is great.
    • Travel charger also charges both the headset & the iPhone, which is great.
    • Volume is LOUD! (That could be a con for some, but for those us who are half-deaf, that's a good thing.)
    • The lock screen battery level shows the battery level for the headset, too. It's just a picture of the headset, so maybe Aqwoah could be updated to show a different graphic or something.
    Cons:
    • It's SMALL! Which is actually very nice, but I'm afraid I'll lose it!
    • The included charging stand uses a hard-wired cable, unlike the stock iPhone stand, which is detachable, so I can't use the (longer) aftermarket 3rd-party charger I got.
    • I don't like the way the battery icon for the headset on the iPhone looks. they tried to make it look like the headset, which is interesting, but it almost looks like a slider bar or something. Maybe there's a way I can use a custom image for it...
    I must admit, it's very comfortable to wear. The in-ear canal fit is perfect and for those of us with big ears (like me ) don't have to worry about having something go over the ear.

Interestingly enough, to me, is that Apple apparently put a magnet in the base, which causes the headset to "snap" into position when you plug it in to charge it. Nice.

I used the $100 Apple store credit I got, which means I paid $32.09 for it...and IMHO it's well worth that. Even at the MSRP I think it's a good deal.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-12-14 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks

Well, according to the Apple website, the iPhone Bluetooth headset is supposed to have:

Talk time: Up to 5.5 hours*
    Standby time: Up to 72 hours*

Unfortunately, after using the headset all weekend, I'm barely getting one day out of a charge, and that's with minimal talking on the headset.

Has anyone else gotten bad battery life like that? I'm thinking I should call Apple and get them to replace it, perhaps it has a bad battery or something...

Thanks

Well, Apple sent me a brand-new, still-sealed replacement. And guess what? The microphone doesn't work. Which means I can hear people just fine using it, but no one can hear me. So, this one is going back as well.

I have a Insignia bluetooth headset at home. It works on my Motorola phone however it doesnt seem to work for my iphone. I paired the headset with the iphone, played music but theres no sound coming out of the headset. Instead the music is coming out of the iphone as if it wasnt connected to the headset. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Yeah I bought one of these and actually really liked it, it fit comfortable in my ear to my surprise. my only issue with it was that the BATTERY life SUCKED!!!!! I agree with the above posted the battery did not last one full day!!
    I ended up with the plantronics 665 (I think)
    I also have a jawbone which I love it just dose not fit me well