Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The new Otter Box

Thumbs up The new Otter Box
    Just received the newly updated Defender case from Otter box. Having the phone naked for two months has been nerve recking. Now, peace of mind. Good fit, makes it just a little bigger than a skin, easy access, doesn't slip out of your pocket, all buttons(except the silence button, no big deal) are easily used. Touch screen works just fine with the screen protector. The sound seems fine, just a little muffled, but not much.

Over all, great product. Everything that the original ones had wrong with them, they seemed to try to address.

http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipo...s/iphone_case/
    Last edited by eric100; 2007-12-11 at 04:23 PM. Reason: link add on

can you give a link directly to the newest one.. ive been looking at some otterbox looks like the way to go pricey but hopefully worth it.. im thinkin of a waterproof one also if i can find a decent one..

I actually just reviewed the Defender case for my web site, here's a link to the review: http://www.wrightthisway.com/Articles/000441.html

There were a few things that I didn't care for, but overall I think this case is fantastic. I was using the Speck case previously, there's a review of that one on my site too, but I think the Otter one is far superior.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awww! You didnt get the Armour? lol
    I really like the defender (from what i've seen). Im just annoyed about the silent switch. Im constantly changing it.

They aren't making the Armor case (yet?) for the iPhone, but that would be a cool case. The silent switch was one of the first things I noticed about the case, but really it's a minor annoyance. Except for you, apparently, who can't keep your fingers off of it, zaca.

anyone with this case have problems with air bubbles under the screen protector? I can't seem to get rid of them.

Hmmmm. It's a pretty nice case

I think you're supposed to use like a credit card to smooth out the bubbles. I didn't have that big of a problem with the screen. I really like the OtterBox case. The defender is water resistant only, but it's not as bulky as the armor (which is water proof). I got mine at Semsons & Co. Inc.

Just read from their blog that they're offering free shipping on OtterBox cases for iPhones and Blackberries. So if you're thinking of getting one but don't want to pay for shipping, this is the way to go. They've got both the defender and armor case at a really good price. You can check out the site (and coupon codes) here: http://semsons.blogspot.com (just scroll a little bit down).
    OtterBox Lover