Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking for reviews for Ultimate Buds UB5 Headphones

Default Ultimate Buds needs you! Review our new UB5
    Hi Everyone,

Ultimate Buds is launching the UB5 in just a few weeks and we would like to get some of these out there and let you guys give us your feedback. If you know anything about us, you know we aren't about hype or expensive advertising - only bringing you the best audio and customer service we can. So when we introduce a new product, we think the best way to get the word out is to just send out samples to consumers and let you guys tell us what you think.

So if you want in on this, it's simple. Reply to this thread. The first 5 people that reply will get a set for free. We will contact you via PM/email to get your shipping details. All that we ask is that you post your opinion on forums/blog/etc.

The UB5 uses our tried and true trick of using existing earbud molds to cut costs while carefully researching and selecting the best drivers for that specific earbud mold based on theory and actual samples that we build up and test. The UB5 is a logical step forward from our UB3 and will provide a big improvement in sound quality, tiny mic assembly, metal construction, uses a gold plated plug and includes a suede pouch. Price on these will be $55.

Thanks
    Brad
    Ultimate Buds
    Last edited by ultimatebuds; 2008-06-13 at 12:21 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

contact me by pm for my personal contact details

PM me for shipping info too, look forward to trying those out !

I would like to try them and post a review.

I wouldn't mind getting a pair for testing and a reveiw...

I would be interested in this I travel a lot and take many different modes of transportation I am always trying out different ear buds and looking for the best. I think with this in mind I can give you a real good review

damn, 6th. Well if you by chance have an extra pair lying around I'd love to try these out as well and I'll be curious to see how these are regarded in the future regardless of whether i own them or not.

Default Thanks!
    Thanks everyone. I'll be sending you PM's for your shipping info. We are expecting these to ship around June 20-25.

Brad
    Ultimate Buds

Damn. 7th. Well, I am quite active on Howardforums... If you want, I'm in for a set and a thorough review from Canada...

8th. I've ever used your headphones before, and would really like to try these out. If possible, could i have a set to test?

Thanks.

I have a question in regards to the headphones that I wasn't able to find on your website.
    What is the driver size and what is the Hz range on these? (I saw the peek at 16kHz but not quite the whole spectrum)

Looking for a new set and I'm quite interested in these.

Thanks

We honestly don't think these specs help out consumers at all (in fact, we think it confuses them) so we generally just leave them off. For example, we've seen in-ear buds advertising 12hz - 22khz.. obviously there are no earbuds on the planet capable of producing 12hz at any respectable volume. You feel 12hz more than you hear it, and in-ear buds aren't pushing enough air to cause you to feel the sound waves. So when we say 16kHz we mean that the response is flat to 16khz.. the speakers keep working past that, but we don't feel it's fair or accurate to say the response extends to 22kHz when the response is 9+dB down. The speakers are 9mm. The bass response is excellent. We offer a 10 day trial period so you can try them yourself with no risk.

Thanks!
    Brad
    Ultimate Buds

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebuds View Post
    We honestly don't think these specs help out consumers at all (in fact, we think it confuses them) so we generally just leave them off. For example, we've seen in-ear buds advertising 12hz - 22khz.. obviously there are no earbuds on the planet capable of producing 12hz at any respectable volume. You feel 12hz more than you hear it, and in-ear buds aren't pushing enough air to cause you to feel the sound waves. So when we say 16kHz we mean that the response is flat to 16khz.. the speakers keep working past that, but we don't feel it's fair or accurate to say the response extends to 22kHz when the response is 9+dB down. The speakers are 9mm. The bass response is excellent. We offer a 10 day trial period so you can try them yourself with no risk.

Thanks!
    Brad
    Ultimate Buds
    Thanks buddy.
    The reasons behind my question are slightly different then you assume and that the general customer is after.
    I have specific uses and needs/wants in headphones where those specs become a bit important.

You have however satisfied my inquiry and I'll be sure to look at those fairly soon.

Once again, Thanks

When will you have more to order? I would like to purchase a set of headphones.
    Please PM and let me know, I wont be checking the thread often!

*EDIT* Wow your United States Postal Service rate for shipping to Canada is way overpriced! For Overseas orders it would be acceptable, but to Canada??!! $25.00 is almost as much as your UB3 Headsets. I ship many parcels the size of shoeboxes for less than $25.00, I really don't see how: 0.25lbs can cost so much. Let me know if you have a cheaper shipping rate to Canada....
    Last edited by slick2404; 2008-06-27 at 07:04 AM.

Have either of you guys received your set of UB5...
    I have never received a pair even though I sent my shipping information like the directions in the PB said...

I never received a set of UB5's for evaluation. I sent them my shipping information as well. hmmmm.....

Nor did I I even sent a PM to them and still nothing