Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best case to use with Invisible Shield.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best case to use with Invisible Shield.
    Yeah so ive been asking this question alot "What is the best case to use with the I.S.?" Ive already heard alot of other people talking about so I figured I would just make a post about it. I really dont know to much about the cases that will work with it. So if you have a I.S. and your using another case with it aswell that works good make a post about it. Thanks
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just curious, why would you need a case if you are using the invisible shield?? I've had the I.S on my iPhone for a few months, slid it across a parking lot accidentally and spilled a few drops of gatorade on it and still not a mark on it.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

The only reason you might want a case to use with the IS is to protect the iPod from drops and impacts. My cousin has the IS full body on his and the screen cracked on him when he dropped it from around 3 feet. Just unlucky I guess, the way it impacted with the pavment caused the screen to crack from one end to the other.

I have the IS front screen protector and I recently got the InCase Slider to cover the rest of it. This way the screen is protected from scratches and it is protected from falls. The InCase Slider is really snug so I don't think it would fit with the full IS. If it did it would be incredibly snug and might be a bit hard to slide on and off.

Thanks

Helps from falls and not everyone wants a huge phone in there pocket.

I like to have something cliped on like my belt or on my side.
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i tried a few cases WITH my I.S. nothing would fit over the full body shield tho. it was grab the shield and stretch or pull it in a weird way. after a few months of only the I.S. i decided to take off the back half because my corners were coming up and collecting dirt. people started thinking my phone was damaged from all the dirt.

back to my agent18 white case with I.S. screen protector only
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I bought a case from the AT&T store.
    My old manager had It and that's the only place i've seen it at.

It's called Incipio; It has a soft silicon gel that goes around the phone, then a hard plastic case that goes on that, protecting from drops.
    It comes with 3 of the gel things, Black, orange, and pink.

I like it, its easy to take off, the only thing is though, you cant use the phones dock with the case on, you canuse an fm adapter IF you take off the hard plastic.

Why would you need a case if you have the InvisiShield?

Quote Originally Posted by mad_llib View Post
    Why would you need a case if you have the InvisiShield?
    Read the thread to find out. It has already been mentioned that the IS doesn't protect the iPhone from any sort of drops or impact that it might sustain.

Thanks

Yeah right now im just using an pretty old case its from a Motorola blackjack. Thats the phone I had before I got my iPhone and the case fits really well with the iPhone but its all beat up and soon time to get a new one. I was thinking the belkin slim fit.

Anyone try that one out ?
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

Quote Originally Posted by cjvdh View Post
    Yeah right now im just using an pretty old case its from a Motorola blackjack. Thats the phone I had before I got my iPhone and the case fits really well with the iPhone but its all beat up and soon time to get a new one. I was thinking the belkin slim fit.

Anyone try that one out ?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000RQMOH4/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=& showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDes cending]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin Slim-Fit Case for iPhone (Black)[/ame]

Pretty crappy reviews. Sounds like the belt clip is prone to coming off. The mesh on the bottom promotes scratches as well. I'm seriously considering a nutshell, they may be expensive @ $55 but everythingicafe offers a 30 day guarantee. I'll let you know if I decide to order it.

IS + IS

Invisble Shield with Incase Slider.

Only use the front of the InvisiShield though.

I use a CoreCase full metal jacket.
    I know they are not available for a few more days but I managed to get one as I know the owner of the company. These things rock and are the best metal... in fact they are the best cases for any iPod and iPhone on the market... the price, the look, the feel... Corecases rock and to coin there phrase...nothing comes close... sorry had to do it ;o)

What about a belt clip with the IS? Anybody know of one you can combine with the IS?

Thanks,

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjvdh View Post
    Yeah so ive been asking this question alot "What is the best case to use with the I.S.?" Ive already heard alot of other people talking about so I figured I would just make a post about it. I really dont know to much about the cases that will work with it. So if you have a I.S. and your using another case with it aswell that works good make a post about it. Thanks
    I have an invisishield on front and back, and I have a leather case that drops in from the top, and then theres a snap strap that goes and covers it. All the useable buttons are very clear. The whole front screen is out and you can easily use the touch screen while the phone is in the case. The rear has a nice heavy duty belt clip as well. The leather case is pretty thick as far as a case goes, but feather light. I like it alot. I have another one that you put the iphone in, and completely close the flap, and snap it, so the iphone is sealed, but I dont like that one. It also has a little clear flap inside for a credit card, license, etc, which is neat. I always kept a alcohol wipe in there. If someone wants it, I will give it to someone froo, as lond as shipping's paid for. It protects it great, but I like getting to mine w/o opening a case.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to prouddad.215 For This Useful Post:

orivera (2008-06-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prouddad.215 View Post
    I have an invisishield on front and back, and I have a leather case that drops in from the top, and then theres a snap strap that goes and covers it. All the useable buttons are very clear. The whole front screen is out and you can easily use the touch screen while the phone is in the case. The rear has a nice heavy duty belt clip as well. The leather case is pretty thick as far as a case goes, but feather light. I like it alot. I have another one that you put the iphone in, and completely close the flap, and snap it, so the iphone is sealed, but I dont like that one. It also has a little clear flap inside for a credit card, license, etc, which is neat. I always kept a alcohol wipe in there. If someone wants it, I will give it to someone froo, as lond as shipping's paid for. It protects it great, but I like getting to mine w/o opening a case.
    send a few pictures of the case to [email protected]
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure will.........its in amazing cond as well.......

here are the pix........

........as you can see, amazing shape.
    You were 1st in line, so you get dibs. Other wise, i will give it to someone, just pay shipping/paypal fees. LMK your state/zip and I'll give ya a shipping price.
    Last edited by prouddad.215; 2008-06-05 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

I use the SENA ultraslim pouch. Super high quality leather and the texture is awesome.

It was a little bit tight in the beginning, but the leather has stretched a bit and it is a perfect fit. I don't see the purpose of having a sexy phone and then covering it all up with rubber and plastic

Thanks

thats a pouch not a case

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thank you Captain Obvious!

I'd like a case that I can snap the phone in and out of with an Invisible Shield. My hard cases without Invisible Shield scratched my old 3G and I don't want that to happen again, so I'm throwing IS on first and only getting something that will fit with it. Beccause I use A2DP and am exposed to the elements on my motorcycle, I really like that Revo^2 case with port protection (advertised here) but it costs WAY too much and can't dock or unsnap easily (unsnaps from it's own belt-harness easily enough though). I was thinking about just breaking off the connector from some old headphones and buying that SoundClip thing.

Does the Griffin Clarifi fit with Invisible Shield?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast