View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • BSE(best skin ever)

71 39.44%
  • Invisible Shield

109 60.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BestSkinEver VS Invisible Shield

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victorysl77 View Post
    I personally don't like clear screen protector. It looks too plain and is nothing but the screen protector.
    I recently have tried another company, sgp? and i really like their design, especially the metalic skin looks perfect on my iphone.

i got this particular design and really like it. SGPStore
    Those are different and that is what some people are shooting for. Me I like the invisible sheild and right now until it is delivered for my 3g I have a leather case-mate case and I will probably continue to use it even after I apply my InvS
    Last edited by phifer8390; 2008-07-16 at 05:03 PM.
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

If you want something top dollar, I'd go for InvisibleShield. I bet it's worth it for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by victorysl77 View Post
    I personally don't like clear screen protector. It looks too plain and is nothing but the screen protector.
    I recently have tried another company, sgp? and i really like their design, especially the metalic skin looks perfect on my iphone.

i got this particular design and really like it. SGPStore
    WOw thats tite....i ordered 2 already.....thanx for the link man.

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    Those are different and that is what some people are shooting for. Me I like the invisible sheild and right now until it is delivered for my 3g I have a leather case-mate case and I will probably continue to use it even after I apply my InvS
    the leather case youre talking about, is it the Cadera side leather case? cuz that side case looks pretty sweet. i also just ordered my invisibleSHIELD. i chose the free shipping so it will take a while

i also just noticed that case-mate has a clear armor protective film thar covers the whole phone. and i just watched the video of it being tested in a blender. one phone without the film and one phone with the film. the video was prett impressive.

anyone have any expericience with the case-mate film or thoughts? also is it the same type of film invisibleSHIELD uses?
    Last edited by mikeagby; 2008-07-18 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

lucky for me i own a sign company so i have this material that is exactly like invisible shield and we use it to protect front bumpers and hoods on vehicle from rock damage. works like a charm on my iphone and i have plenty to change every week ! LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeagby View Post
    the leather case youre talking about, is it the Cadera side leather case? cuz that side case looks pretty sweet. i also just ordered my invisibleSHIELD. i chose the free shipping so it will take a while

i also just noticed that case-mate has a clear armor protective film thar covers the whole phone. and i just watched the video of it being tested in a blender. one phone without the film and one phone with the film. the video was prett impressive.

anyone have any expericience with the case-mate film or thoughts? also is it the same type of film invisibleSHIELD uses?
    one piece of front film came with my case-mate and it only covers the visible screen. It does not cover the area around the button at the bottom nor around the speaker at the top. I did not even bother using it!

ps.
    My InvS came in yesterday and I am also still using my leather case...
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    one piece of front film came with my case-mate and it only covers the visible screen. It does not cover the area around the button at the bottom nor around the speaker at the top. I did not even bother using it!

ps.
    My InvS came in yesterday and I am also still using my leather case...
    im not talking about just a screen protector im talking about this Clear Armor Protective Film for iPhone 3G- Case-mate

best buy has invisible shield for 14.99!

I have never been interested in a shield like this for my phone because I am not worried about scratches as much as I am about dropping damage. I want protection from drops... But I have received the InvisibleSHIELD and I'm waiting for the BSE to write unbiased reviews on. So stay tuned for pics, videos and a review on each brought to you buy APSprostore.com

Watch this video, very impressive.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrTmFnO_0mU]SGP Shield for iPhone 3G[/ame]
    Last edited by victorysl77; 2008-08-05 at 06:23 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant decide if i should get the SGP or IS.

SGP...hmm..yeah iv been thinking on that one too seems something's better than others but still new brand and bit expensive.
    i usually go for expensive ones if there's not much difference in price but also care the name value as well lol
    still cant decide

Thanks

Default BodyGuardz over BSE
    I had the BSE skin on my 1st gen iPhone from July 07 to July 08. Over the last month the edges were turning loose pretty badly. I keep my iPhone in my front pocket, so dirt and lint tend to collect at the edges of the film. I really like the extra tack the film gives the iPhone, so it's way less likely to be dropped than with it naked. It also maintains the aspect of the iPhone making it easy to slide in and out of my pocket.

FWIW...
    I have not seen nor tried the IS, but I recently replaced the BSE with BodyGuardz. It offers a much better fit and the corner flaps are much smaller, so it appears less likely that they will peel back with use.

I also applied BodyGuardz for 3G iPhone to my new iPhone 3G. It was a lot tougher to apply, but I think the 3G is more difficult because the design uses more compound curves.

Also, BG and IS offer lifetime replacement. The BG came with 2 sets so you can replace the used up film, request a new set, and then send the old set back. There is a $4.95 handling charge though.
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB

I put my SGP shield on about 2 weeks ago. So far, I am 200% satisfied with it. Since there was not much difference in price between SGP and IS, I decided to go with SGP because SGP seems to have full protection. The package comes with 3 different parts, front, back, corners, and bezel whereas IS comes with 2 parts with little cut outs only.
    And 30 to 40% thinner skin with better optical enahnced makes me decide SGP.

Hope you pick the right one for your iphone.

does any of these cover the phone including the crome bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by zaydaboss View Post
    does any of these cover the phone including the crome bezel?
    one i got comes with seperate pieces to cover bezel.
    i guess BG or IS is also designed to cover the bezel but more like wraping as you cover the front or back

Im returning my Invisible Shield.

I had major problems.. orange peel, color distortion and poor fit on the back piece. That being said, their customer service was excellent. Prompt response, no arguments on the refund. If you are interested in trying this product, I would wholly recommend it. If it doesnt live up to your expectations, just send it back for a refund.

I have since switched to the Ghost Armor product. Much better quality. Less orange peel, no color distortion. Not as sticky as the Invisible Shield, either. Very nice tactile response. The back piece is designed better, too. No installation problems like I had with the back of the Invisible Shield. They also have great customer service. I screwed up putting the back piece on (got a nice bubble in it) and they are sending me a replacement piece. Very nice. Before I ordered, I asked if they would offer a refund if I wasnt satisfied with the product and they said yes. Not going to find out if they will live up to that, though, since I am satisfied with it.

Of the two, Id recommend the Ghost Armor. Better quality product. Both offer excellent customer service in my experience. Both said they would stand behind their product and make sure I was satisfied. For me, the way a company stands behind their product is just as important as how good it is. No complaints from either company on that one.

I havent used the BSE, so I cant comment on it.

I've had my Invisble Shield since tuesday but i haven't put it on as i thought they were gonna replace my phone because of the bad reception/dropped calls stuff. But since its a common problem i plan i putting it on today and seeing what its like. When i'm done maybe i'll throw up a review.

Well I put on my InvisibleShield this weekend. I have to say it sucked!! The video makes it look easy but man is it hard lol. But once it's on and all the air bubbles are out it looks really good on the front. The back part is the really sucky part. It protects my phone really good but the corners did not go on right. And stick up a little. So now it's time to see how long it'll last.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    but the corners did not go on right.
    Thats one of the problems I had, too. The Ghost Armor back piece is cut differently and lays down much better, IMO.

I sent my Invisible Shield back for a refund today.. we will see if they provide it or not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast