Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Energizer Energi To Go

Thumbs up Energizer Energi To Go
    The local Target store carried the Energizer Energi To Go battery backup/charger, to which I just purchased. I wanted a product that was able to not only charge the iPhone's battery, but to be very portable. This product seemed to meet what I needed.

The unit comes with 2 lithium batteries. The units itself has a sync port for the iPhone to plug in. It flips in (for storage) and out (for charging). The sync port is adjustable, allowing different thickness of iPods to seat correctly. This part of it is somewhat troublesome...sometimes the connection between the phone and charger wasn't making good contact. Eventually, the iPhone would start charging. The unit itself is a bit flimsy, and can probably break if not handled properly (the whole unit is plastic).

When I plug in the charger, the iPhone recognizes it. A little blue LED starts to flash periodically. It seems that when the charging almost completes, the LED starts to flash a bit faster.

One thing to note when using the charger is that the iPhone can only fit in the charger. If you have a case for your phone (those cases made by Contour or Belkin, or possibly those silicone slip-ons), you have to remove the phone from the cases. The phone won't fit correctly.

From what I can tell from using this accessory, I can say that it seems to work for the iPhone.

The unit sells for about $30.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -energizer-006-small.jpg   -energizer-005-small.jpg   -energizer-009-small.jpg   -energizer-011-small.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_et For This Useful Post:

phungy (2007-12-05)

I was actually looking for a portable charger for the iPhone since I'll be in San Fran for vacation and will most likely be on foot using Google Maps. I'm positive the iPhone wouldn't last me a whole day's worth of use. Thanks for the post, I was hoping someone would confirm that this is compatible with the iPhone.

EDIT:
    It's $36.43 on Amazon. Local Target, BestBuy nor Wal-mart carries this

EDIT 2:
    Found one on eBay for $10 shipped!!
    Last edited by phungy; 2007-12-06 at 01:11 AM.

kmart does

Local K-Mart is ghetto, 10 miles away and they didn't carry it either

But I updated my first post. Found one on eBay for $10 shipped

Amazon sellers were asking for $45 +$5 shipping while most sites like Buy.com, etc were all out of stock. I'm surprised these are so popular (or are these just scarce in supply?).

EDIT:
    Got it today and it works perfectly
    Last edited by phungy; 2007-12-11 at 08:04 AM.

I've got one also and it works well. I would like to know if anyone tested it to see how well it works.

I used it on vacation and long road trips. It charges well but once the iPhone hits 80% the Energi To Go has trouble charging the remaining 20% so it disconnects and reconnects (not sure if that makes sense) and gets really annoying.

Green Apple
    Thanks

just wondering how safe these things are for your iphone's battery life....my friend bought one of these that was cheaper and ran off of AA batteries, after he used it a few times his battery on his phone was totally dead...it wouldnt hold a charge at all...maybe 10 minutes of use....does anyone think this may kill your iphone battery? that would really suck....just wonderin

EDIT: Just to be clear....my friend's phone was not an iphone, it was a kyocera....although thats besides the point...unless the battery in the iphone is different i guess
    Last edited by dontevenfucwitme; 2008-03-02 at 02:27 AM.
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Quote Originally Posted by dontevenfucwitme View Post
    just wondering how safe these things are for your iphone's battery life....my friend bought one of these that was cheaper and ran off of AA batteries, after he used it a few times his battery on his phone was totally dead...it wouldnt hold a charge at all...maybe 10 minutes of use....does anyone think this may kill your iphone battery? that would really suck....just wonderin
    Well I've used the Energi To Go about 10 times and my battery is fine (knock on wood). There is a possibility though.
     15" Macbook Pro T8300 | 4GB RAM | 200GB
     24" iMac T7700 | 3GB RAM | 320GB
     iPhone 8GB | 2.2 | T-Mobile

Im very interested in portable chargers because I spend a good quarter of my life in the air and another quarter in strange lands. Any other portable chargers out there?

GenghisPhlip

This looks really interesting. Do you think it would work for the iPod touch, or is it a specific shape that would only work with the iPhone?
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.

i havent found one on ebay for less than 20

I was wondering....how long does is take to fully charge the iphone.

And with 2 AA batteries...It'll be great if it could give 1 full charge.