Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod/iphone charger not compatible?

Default ipod/iphone charger not compatible?
    when i use my ipod nano wall charger for my ipod touch, it doesnt work. but when i use it with my dads iphone wall charger, the ipod touch works fine. the volts input and output are the same and the connectors are the same (right?). does anybody know why they dont work? are they not compatible?

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure regular iPods have different voltages than iPod Touch and iPhone. You may have seen some posts about iHome's frying peoples iPhones. This is because they use different voltages. Stick with an iPod touch or iPhone charger to avoid a nice hot brick.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

alright. ive been searching for ones on ebay, but they all keep saying ipod/touch/iphone and i cant really tell which is specifically iphone/touch. can you guys tell me if theres a big difference in REAL iphone/touch chargers from fake ones?

i just double checked on the chargers and the iphone one actually said, ipod charger adapter on it, so i guess they are compatible. but the ipod charger that i use for my ipod does not have a brand on it, so im guessing its a fake and only works with ipods maybe?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-04-28 at 06:10 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I know both the ipod touch and iphone chargers will work. iPod nano chargers I'm not sure. I recommend you just buy a wall charger for iPhone. Better safe than sorry. The only reason I think it wouldn't charge on the ipod nano charger would be that its sending in too much voltage or too little. I don't buy fake chargers, so I wouldn't know which ones to recommend .
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

i decided to just buy chargers at amazon since people leave comments saying if it works or not.

i have an ipod car charger that works on my iphone.. its a dlo car charger if that matters.. jsut my $.02

where did you get your car charger?