Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best iPhone Adapter?

Default Best iPhone Adapter?
    hey guys,

need some feedback on the best out there.

I know there ain't that many.

1) Belkin
    2) Griffin
    3) iFrogz
    4) the one on cnn.cn (but isn't it long as hell??..almost a 1M ?!)

What else? Need suggestions!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willsterstyle For This Useful Post:

gtg02la (2007-11-07)

I have the belkin adapter for the headphone jack and its great to plug in my fm transmitter clear too

the one made by Griffin because you have more felxibility than the one by belkin

Just incase no one has noticed, but the Sports Case that was made by Apple for the 1st gen ipod Shuffle (the clear and bright orange case), comes with a short totally flexable adaptor that fits perfectly in the iPhone, and best of all is genuine Apple.

You can pick up the Sports Case for 4 now from a variety of outlets because it's outdated.

David

6. The Following User Says Thank You to floatlite For This Useful Post:

ajfoggy (2007-11-14)

i just bought belkin 2 days go wrks osom .....

Anybody have an adapter that works with 2.5mm headphones. I have some pretty good stereo headphones that have a 2.5mm jack..

there are tons of the 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female adapters out there. Unfortunately, the ones that I've seen are generally 3.5mm Male In an 'L' shape.. But you could still use the Griffin adapter w/ it

Here's my choice for an adapter:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    Here's my choice for an adapter:
    You shaved down the jack with a dremel? Dang, I would rather spend $10 on an adapter.

I already owned a nice pair of headphones....Just shaved down the jacket a little on the headphone jack....works like a charm. Also did the same on my FM Transmitter for my car. No biggy if you have used a Dremel before.

Quote Originally Posted by floatlite View Post
    Just incase no one has noticed, but the Sports Case that was made by Apple for the 1st gen ipod Shuffle (the clear and bright orange case), comes with a short totally flexable adaptor that fits perfectly in the iPhone, and best of all is genuine Apple.

You can pick up the Sports Case for 4 now from a variety of outlets because it's outdated.

David
    Very good shout, picked up one from ebay for 3, anyone want a shuffle case

I just use my pocketknife to shave off a little plastic on the jack around the end of it so it recessess enough into the phone.

david

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Recieved my cheap hong kong one off ebay today and all i can say is it was worth the 3.23p delivered. nice and short and cant notice any real loss in quality. only took bout 4 days to come aswell. bargain

Quote Originally Posted by bandityo View Post
    I just use my pocketknife to shave off a little plastic on the jack around the end of it so it recessess enough into the phone.

david
    When you have paid £80 for headphones you shouldn't have to cut them up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that's hillarious!

...and i do have one.

...knife too, to shave down works also.

i HAD a belkin adaptor, works o.k., but misplaced it, duh.

I have a belkin but i decided to try the one sold at walmart for $ 9.99

It is L-shaped. The belkin works fine but I couldn't hear my voice thru the car speakers. The one at walmart did..... instant handsfree thru the car speakers

what model is the walmart one?

david

I think the L-shaped one from walmart is the scosche one and it's much better then the original generic one I had (made by dynex). I got the scosche kit from walmart up here in Toronto. It came with the adapter specifically made for the iphone(says so on the package), a 2.5mm-3.5mm L-adapter (i'll use that for my treo), headphone splitter, airplane adapter, and 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male audio cable (which fits the iphone, and i use for the aux input to my car stereo. Here's a pic of the adapter and the package of the kit so if anyone is looking for it knows what it looks like. BTW, walmart in canada has them right now on clearance for $9.96 canadian.

Oh and best of all, it swivels so no worrying about it being caught on something and breaking