Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: homemade iPhone Video Cable anyone?

Default homemade iPhone Video Cable anyone?
    I definitely won't spend 50 bucks for a simple composite video out cable. Did anybody solve the mystery how to "hack" a cheap video cable with a dock connector that is able to show iphone videos on a TV?

It wont be a straight forward wire job. It will need some fantastical electronicary to convert the data output to a composite signal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Not true dude, it will output an analog signal. I have the docks, if someone can give me the pin outs I can make them easily. I make cables all the time for audio sources and such...let me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Not So Easy
    Not true either dude.
    Yes there is an analog out put on pin 23, however the Apple cables and Dock contain a bunch of hardware that the iPhone uses to id the accessory and wont OP anything until it sees these (probably serial) handshakey id thingys.

Follow thread: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17960

We're getting close.

Thanks
    I'm using a cable and dock for that matter that came in a kit from Walmart.com. The whole kit is for an iPod Video it comes with a dock with remote, car charger, home charger, A/V cable, Audio cable and a few other random goodies. It works great and the whole kit was under $50.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5493761

The dock is for an iPod and since it's not an apple product the inserts wont work without major modification so if you're one of those people that freaks out because your iPhone is just balancing on the connector inside the dock then don't get it. I myself don't care. I use my iPhone on my iHome, my iLive studio come to think of it I don't even think I have an iPhone dock anymore?

can you use one of those component cables that go out of the ear phone jack?

i was just thinking that coz i got one still from my n95 lol....
    but im gonna guess it aint that easy (and i havent tried yet)

Default New AV Solution From Hong Kong Docking+AV Cable+IrDA Remote for iPod/iPod NANO/iPhone

here is is on ebay.com (US site):
    Docking+AV Cable+IrDA Remote for iPod/iPod NANO/iPhone - eBay (item 110253989162 end time May-20-08 14:52:23 PDT)

i must say... i am rather tempted to try and find one. anyone know anything about this? will it actually work with the iphone for video out?

here is a link to the seller's list of iphone items (including a ton of the docks):
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo%3D2&fgtp=
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-05-21 at 01:48 AM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Red face Apple iPod, iPhone (2g, 3g), iPad Dock connector pinout
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    Not true dude, it will output an analog signal. I have the docks, if someone can give me the pin outs I can make them easily. I make cables all the time for audio sources and such...let me know.
    Here you go, champ.

Apple iPod, iPhone (2g, 3g), iPad Dock connector pinout
    Let me know if that helps.
    If you do end up making an Tv-out cable yourself, would you be kind enough and document it?