Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone car Mode

Default iPhone car Mode
    I'm suprised I havent seen heard much about this, but the iphone is extremely difficult to use while driving as the area for hitting the skip, pause, play buttons is small and not easy to find without looking at the phone itself.

If someone could make an app which just adds some ability to control the ipod features with possibly finger gestures on the main area of the music player this would help immensly

Examples:

Skipping songs - instead of pressing the skip button, in car mode you can skip songs by simply pressing somewhere on the screen and dragging left/right, then pulling your finger off. Then for fast forwarding instead of pulling your finger off you can hold it on until you have skipped to the point where you want.

Pausing could just be a tap of the finger somewhere in the album art area

If this is possibly (which I have no idea if it is) this would make driving and changing songs, skipping, pausing, a considerable amount safer than having to look at the phone while doing it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This person requesting this is right... I too have had a little trouble pressing the buttons while driving my car.

Something out of the topic though... I tried taking a picture on my iphone while driving 100mph and that was incredibly hard... so.. can anyone make a big button to press while using the camera while driving? hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

PocketTouch 1.2

Its exactly what your looking for works flawless with iphone. Basically turns screnn black (with options to show song info) and uses finger swipes and taps to control music.

Taniban: please dont take pictures going 100mph cuz if you get in an accident you could dent the iPhone lmao!!! jk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan0609 For This Useful Post:

Taniban (2008-04-03)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

great reply, made me actually LMAO! But yeah, I will give the pocket touch a go

Quote Originally Posted by invulse View Post
    I'm suprised I havent seen heard much about this, but the iphone is extremely difficult to use while driving as the area for hitting the skip, pause, play buttons is small and not easy to find without looking at the phone itself.

If someone could make an app which just adds some ability to control the ipod features with possibly finger gestures on the main area of the music player this would help immensly

Examples:

Skipping songs - instead of pressing the skip button, in car mode you can skip songs by simply pressing somewhere on the screen and dragging left/right, then pulling your finger off. Then for fast forwarding instead of pulling your finger off you can hold it on until you have skipped to the point where you want.

Pausing could just be a tap of the finger somewhere in the album art area

If this is possibly (which I have no idea if it is) this would make driving and changing songs, skipping, pausing, a considerable amount safer than having to look at the phone while doing it.

I'll look into it. It depends no how much of a pain it is to have the thing only work when MobileMediaPlayer is open. It seems to always go over all other open windows, for some reason. Even the windows not launched from SpringBoard.

I'll see what I can do, I like this idea.

now you have it: iCarMode

I saw application that apparently fits your needs: iCarMode