Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Create an FLV player for the iPhone

Default Create an FLV player for the iPhone
    Hey there,
    I'm looking to fund an application for the iPhone that will play FLV files. I know ffmpeg can play them, however I'm no objective-C Expert, so I am wondering if it is possible to do on the iphone, and if you think you would be able to build this app, let me know and we can discuss it. I have a few thousand set aside for this project so if you think you are qualified, let me know.
    Thanks,
    -Brendan
    Last edited by wanderer55t; 2008-03-23 at 03:59 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you don't need to theres already an flv player out its called mxtube. it allows you to download flvs from youtube and save them to your iphone/touch. But you can also add to the downloads via SSH, so as i said; NO NEED
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I have heard about mxtube before, however if you read on their site, it plays the MP4 files that the youtube player can already play, which isn't much help in my case
    Any other takers?
    Thanks,
    -Brendan

If somebody can port mplayer, it should work. ..Mplayer and FFMPEG are connected so it couldn't be too hard. It'd be great to see something like this because then we get other formats too. ^^

Default RE: Create an FLV player for the iPhone
    i can do tht
    Last edited by asksage; 2009-07-22 at 04:47 PM.

Is there not one available yet? I haven't been able to find something that works on .flvs, and it surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer55t View Post
    Hey there,
    I'm looking to fund an application for the iPhone that will play FLV files. I know ffmpeg can play them, however I'm no objective-C Expert, so I am wondering if it is possible to do on the iphone, and if you think you would be able to build this app, let me know and we can discuss it. I have a few thousand set aside for this project so if you think you are qualified, let me know.
    Thanks,
    -Brendan
    OPlayer can play flv files you wanted.
    You can check it out at iTunes Store

Quote Originally Posted by happyzheng View Post
    OPlayer can play flv files you wanted.
    You can check it out at iTunes Store
    ok i finally got it. download oplayer and then copy ir flv files to var/mobile/applications/d2c11..../Documents
    then open oplayer and go to file>my documents and they work!!!