Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Diagnostic app maybe an idea??

Default Diagnostic app maybe an idea??
    I had a thought today. While trying to figure out why tonefx doesn't like iphone 3gs with 4.1. When I was thinking to myself "wouldn't it be nice and cool if I could use an app to scan/test new cydia packages to see if it will be compatible with the other apps and packages."
    I think that would be SO useful and helpful to help prevent sb crashes into safe mode...
    Any ideas about how this might be possible?

I mean seriously, I post this and THEN I read about apple planning to do something like that for non-jailbreaks...wow...I really didn't steal that idea from apple, but ironic timing haha...
    Anyways, I am, by no means, trying to sound like a genius at programing or anything, but I do know a decent bit of computing skills. It sounds plasuable to me. One way I've thought of it happening maybe, is to do a sort of scan that creates some type of sandbox and places a copy of your ios (jailbroken of course) along with all your packages/apps and to test pretty well all the scripts/cmd lines/executions/ect. to see if any are incompatible and to give you a report back with any errors/crashes/ect. it found...it sounds nice, doesn't it?

If it wouldn't work on the iphone/ipod/ipad itself, then make it a computer program, (i know sandboxing works on computers lol) and if we have virtual drives then I'm assuming (sort of hoping) we can have virtual iDevices possibly? and just basicly copy all the contents from the iDevice to computer into the virtual device...you can see where I'm going with this...

Reply to this, tell me what yall think about it, and tell me which you think is more likely to work, including the smart modders too
    Last edited by bayjell6543; 2011-09-03 at 03:36 AM.
    Tempus Fugit

I like to help whomever and whenever I can, always feel free to message me, or message me on my facebook, I don't mind either way. And to the big modders and devs, thanks a bunch for all yall do that makes the rest of our lives easier and/or more fun

~bayjell~